The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default The Rules Of Vermont & New Hampshire

THE RULES OF VERMONT & NEW HAMPSHIRE ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap right, your head isn't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight; it's called a "dirt" road. I drive a
pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're
going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

4. They are cattle. They're "live" steaks. That's why they smell
funny to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like
it? I89 or Rt 7 goes north or south. Pick one.

5. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $150,000
corn pickers and hay balers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

6. So everyone in Vermont waves. It's called being friendly.
Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are
coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you
don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat perch and lake trout. You really want sushi &
caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

9. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a
religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of
November.

10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women,
regardless of age.

11. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak.
Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham &
turkey.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats,
vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and
ketchup. Oh, yeah.... We don't care what you folks in the city
call that stuff you eat... IT AIN'T REAL!!!

13. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet and
served over ice.

14. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know
how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

15. College Hockey and High School Football are as important here as the
Lakers and the Knicks, and a lot more fun to watch.

16. Yeah, we have golf courses. Former dairy pastures, with cow paths... deal with it.

17. Colleges? We have them all over. We have State Universities,
Community Colleges, and Vo-techs. They come outta there with an
education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at
everybody when they come for the holidays.

18. We have a whole ton of folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and
Marines. So don't mess with us. If you do, you will get whipped by
the best.

19. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap
isn't music anyway. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want
to see your boxers. Refer back to #1.

20. 4 inches isn't a blizzard - it's a flurry. Drive like you got
some sense in it. And DON'T take all our bread, milk, and batteries from
the grocery store. This isn't Alaska, worst case you may have to live a
whole day without croissants. The pickups with snow blades will have you out the next day.

A true NEW ENGLANDER will send this on!!!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2007, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

So true! Every April 19th, no matter what day of the week it falls on, the American Revolution re-enactors of Massachusetts gather to honor those brave men who drew a line and told King George III, "We had enough!". For my organization, The Sudbury Co.'s of Militia & Minute, the day starts in Wayland, MA (originally East Sudbury) at 4 AM. We ring the local church bells and fire our muskets then march to Sudbury center. From there we march to North Bridge in Concord.

One year there a family from California, who had moved in the previous summer and lived near the church in Wayland, heard all the commotion at 4 AM and called the police who told them that it would all be over in about an hour and not to worry about it. At the next town meeting they wanted such activities to stop because they thought firing guns and ringing bells at such an early hour was disruptive and should be against the law. The long time locals told them that if they didn't like it they could go back to California...so they did!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

I always wondered why they have reenactments in the Southern States?
Didn't they lose the Civil War? I mean how hard can it be to lie down?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gimpy and Pack
I think ole SH62 hit the nail on the head regarding the Civil War "How hard can it be to lie down" LMFAO.....I know the truth hurts....So accept it
bOOger from the north

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Whut tha heck ere y'all talkin a-bout!

You silly "Yankee" fellers sure don't seem ta be very smart a-bout the FACTS frum that thare WAr of Northern Aggression, are y'all???

My ancestors DID NOT LOSE the War of Northern Aggression (AKA--Civil War) on the battlefield mah deah Yankee buddy bOOgerlEEfeLLa!

The "War" was lost because you damn yankees had all the munition and supply factories up yonder and we'uns' run out of ammo and supplies and couldn't get enough "Foreign Aid" frum the French and/or Spanish to keep us frum kickin y'alls butts anymore than we already had!

Had WE had access to the same amount of war "material" that yo ole Yankee boys did,.... y'all would be a-speakin with a slightly different "dialect" than y'all are to this day!

Here's a few "FACTS for y'all ta "chew on" a while, OK??

#####################

The TOP TEN MOST COSTLY BATTLES of the Civil War..............

#1-- Battle of Gettysburg -- Date: July 1-3, 1863 -- Casualties: 51,112 (23,049 Union and 28,063 Confederate)

--Winner = Union

#2-- Battle of Chickamauga -- Date: September 19-20, 1863 -- 34,624 (16,170 Union and 18,454 Confederate)

--Winner = Confederacy--Even though the South lost a few more troops, it was a Strategic victory for the South.

#3--Battle of Chancellorsville -- Date: May 1-4, 1863 -- 30,099 (17,278 Union and 12,821 Confederate)

--Winner = Confederacy

#4-- Battle of Spotsylvania -- Date: May 8-19, 1864 -- Casualties: 27,399 (18,399 Union and 9,000 Confederate)

-- Winner = Confederacy

#5 -- Battle of Antietam -- Date: September 17, 1862 -- Casualties: 26,134 (12,410 Union and 13,724 Confederate)

-- Winner = Confederacy

#6-- Battle of The Wilderness -- Date: May 5-7, 1864 -- Casualties: 25,416 (17,666 Union and 7,750 Confederate)

-- Winner = Confederacy

#7 -- Battle of Second Manassas -- Date: August 29-30, 1862 -- Casualties: 25,251 (16,054 Union and 9,197 Confederate)

-- Winner = Confederacy

#8 -- Battle of Stone's River-- Date: December 31, 1862 -- Casualties: 24,645 (12,906 Union and 11,739 Confederate)

--Winner = Union

#9 -- Battle of Shiloh-- Date: April 6-7, 1862 -- Casualties: 23,741 (13,047 Union and 10,694 Confederate)

--Winner: = Inconclusive

#10 -- Battle of Fort Donelson -- Date: February 13-16, 1862 -- Casualties: 29,455 (12,832 Union and 16,623 Confederate)

--Winner = Union

Top Ten Battles Casualties/Synopsis

Total Union casualties = 159,811

Total Confederate Casualties = 138, 065

Total Battles Won/Lost

Union = Won -- 3.....Lost -- 6

Confedearcy = Won -- 6......Lost -- 3

Inconclusive = One

#########

So then, Mah Deah Yankee Frands, the battlefield efficiency and warfare qualifications of my honorable Warrior forefathers are forever carved into the stone grave markers and monuments across this great country of ours and their bravery and honor will not be dimished by simple attempts to re-write their history with UNtruths or HALFtruths!

Yo Frand & Brother,

General Beauregard "Stonewall" Gimpinski, III (Esquire)
Life Member---Sons of The Confederacy....
*Professor Emeritus...... of TRUE Southern Heritage & Gentlemanly Cavalier Traditions*

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ma Dear Honorable Gimpinski
You're soundin' more like that CEO of Enron, Kevin Lay talking to the stock holders a few months before they went belly-up (lie down). The end results (bottom line) Enron and the confederates lost.
E F bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-20-2007, 04:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Come on Down to the Battle Of Olustee, Lake City,FLA

To see what a real War Between the States re-enactment is like come see the Battle of Olustee this coming Feb 15-17th 2008 and smell the cordite in the air again!

The Battle of Olustee (Ocean Pond) Festival
http://www.olusteefestival.com/
February 15 & 16, 2008
Downtown Lake City (Marion Street)

Olustee Battlefield State Park
13 miles East on US90 - Near Olustee, Florida.
Famous site of Florida's largest Civil War battle. On site museum.
Open Thursday - Monday 9AM to 6PM.

The Annual Reenactment - February 15-17, 2008
http://battleofolustee.org/reenactment.html

Historical Information:
54th Massachusetts at Olustee Seven months after their gallant charge on Fort Wagner, the 54th Massachusetts Colored Infantry was engaged in the Battle of Olustee (Ocean Pond) under their new commander Colonel Edward Needles Hallowell. This event, which began as a skirmish on February 20, 1864, escalated into a full-scale battle in the pine woods by Olustee Station, near the swamplands in north-central Florida. Though the Union forces of Brigadier General Truman Seymour and the Confederate troops of Brigadier General Joseph Finegan were evenly matched—with approximately 5000 soldiers from each side swept up in combat—the four-hour battle ended in a bitter defeat for the Federals. The Union lost more than 1800 soldiers killed, wounded, missing or captured—among the highest percentage of casualties in the war—a far greater loss in comparison to the Confederacy's casualties of fewer than 950 soldiers.

Major HallowellThe 54th Massachusetts was not the only black regiment (under the command of white officers) engaged in combat at Olustee. Colonel Charles W. Fribley's 8th United States Colored Troops was thrust into the battle at the outset, and Lieutenant Colonel W.N. Reed's 35th United States Colored Troops of North Carolina fought alongside the 54th—both regiments having entered the fray near the end of the battle. Though the losses of the 35th U.S.C.T. and the 54th were not severe, it was the 8th U.S.C.T. that suffered the most with 310 casualties—the heaviest regimental loss in the entire battle. This was the 8th's baptism of fire, and as they lacked training and experience on the mindset and maneuvers of rigorous combat, they were slaughtered.

As a result of the Battle of Olustee, the Federals retreated to Jacksonville. This battle of the Florida Campaign would be the largest battle of the Civil War fought in the state.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default MahDeahbOOgerLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3196 View Post
Gimpy and Pack
I think ole SH62 hit the nail on the head regarding the Civil War "How hard can it be to lie down" LMFAO.....I know the truth hurts....So accept it
bOOger from the north

Yep, we "lost" the War of Northern Agression alright----------But, as history clearly shows----NOT, on the BATTLEFIELD!

Yo Frand & Brother,

General Beauregard "Stonewall" Gimpinski-----(Esquire)

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile Hey bOOger!

Not being a friend of the Confederacy, I do wonder why all you yankees head South, either at retirement or as a means of fleeing that accursed white stuff you seem to like in the winter time! Fact of the matter is, I think we have way too many yankees already in the South, so the rest of you snow suckers stay where you are! And don't piss us off: I still remember (and love) the '70's era bumber sticker, regarding all the natural gas we export to the land of aggressors: LET THEM FREEZE IN THE DARK!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-21-2007, 07:50 AM

[quote=SuperScout;137046]...so the rest of you snow suckers stay where you are! And don't piss us off:...QUOTE]

I'll do you a big favor and stay up here in the North, how's that?
Remember the South will rise again, yeah sure, just high enough to kiss my Yankee ass!