The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2008, 10:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default POS on an Honor Guard!!???

I've got a problem I want some feedback on from my fellow Veteran's.
Those who have served honorably, did their time and are proud of it!
I have to go back a number of years to start the story, while I was still working in my home town's correctional facility. (I have since retired.)
We had an older guy in his 50's start the job (I call him S.K.), as there is no age limit for this civil service type of work! He was a bit of an ass kisser, so he often got easier assignments. Well we happened to have our lunch break at the same time and he asked if I was a Veteran. To which I answered yes. He then went on to tell me he was in the Army and was over in Vietnam. I told him I knew and worked with a bunch of guys who had served over there. He then goes on to tell me a story, and here's where my problem with this ass wipe comes in!
He claims to have been wounded, scrap metal or something of the sort caused him a bleeding injury. He some how gets back to the states. Didn't say he was medi-vac ed and he didn't explain how he got on a flight back to the states. After arriving back in New York City, he spends a few days a home, but his wound doesn't get any better. He then claims to have checked into St. Albans Naval Hospital (Queens, NY) where he spends a few days getting patched up.
Now let me outline the trouble with this story. First, if he was wounded wouldn't he have been taken to a field hospital? I would imagine they did a pretty good check on who was getting on planes to fly back to the states, how did he get on one and not be noticed? Wouldn't they have done some checking on S.K. when he was treated in the Naval Hospital? I'm sure they weren't in the habit of just letting anyone in for treatment, especially with out orders of any kind!
S.K. has to my knowledge never claimed he was awarded a Purple Heart, kind of strange for some one who was "combat wounded"?
He's a member of no service organizations that I know of, even though he was invited more than once to join the local Vietnam Veterans Post.
He was no special licence plate on his car, denoting any military service, no big deal as not all Vets do. But the amount of bragging he's done about being in the Army you'd think he'd want to tell the world!
I never heard him say if he had a VA case or not, or ever when to the VA for medical care or follow ups. One reason he took the civil service job was for the medical bennies, which leads me to question his use of the VA medical system for a service connected injury.
Now I asked S.K. if he was authorized to return to the states, and he said no, he snuck home. I then asked him if he was a deserter, to which he didn't answer. I told him during my second enlistment I worked in a Naval Brig, and I didn't much care for scum bags who had deserted. We didn't speak to each other much after that. But to this day I have never heard of him having denied he was/is a deserter.
Worst part and the thing that really pisses me off! This POS is a member in fact often runs the Honor Guard for the Corrections Department. What a disgrace!
I again called him on it after a funeral service a few days ago. He again never said he didn't desert. A few of his buddies (some of the guys know me and know I am a Veteran) asked me to leave him alone about this, I told them not until he either proves me wrong or dies!
I'm going to FOIL this S.K. and find out just what his military record and maybe his health record have to say. I wouldn't think he's got an Honorable Discharge, unless he's one of those worthless bastards that got pardoned. (There's also a draft dodger on the Sheriff's Department Police Force, but he's another story!)
Am I so wrong to strongly dislike this POS? Isn't he a bit of hypocrite for turning his back on his county but serving on an Honor Guard? (Especially at a Veterans Funeral!)
Hey, if I'm wrong either by his proof or what I can find out on my own, I'll buy him a beer and make amends. But if I'm right about him having violated art. 85 of the UCMJ, I'm gonna let the world know! Starting with the Sheriff of his department, then the Veteran's Service Officer in his county, and any one else who will listen...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2008, 04:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default SparrowHawk

Ask to see the POS's DD Form 214. And you might want to research the "Stolen Valor Act" to see if he's violating any of the provisions of that new law.

I epathize with you completely. Recently, I encountered another POS who boasted of his 3 or 4 Purple Hearts, depending upon the audience, his 3-4 tours in RVN, depending upon his audience, and his work with the CIA. I told him that boasted about awards that he was never entitled to receive is a federal crime, punishable by 10 years in a federal pen. At least he stopped running his mouth around me.

You might try the same with your POS!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-20-2008, 06:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hawk

I can't imagine how anyone can be wounded and just board a plane back to the states...impossible. This guy could have been in the service, just doubt anything he is saying is true. Should be interesting to find out. Wouldn't he have to provide proof of service to obtain a civil service position, even at county level? Human Resources could answer that question, but doubt they are allowed to show you anything of his personnel file. Sounds like a total liar to me.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-20-2008, 07:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Pack,...

If weren't for: "Rambo JFKerry" and/or War Protesting Liar before The U.S. Congress,...
I would agree with you TOTALLY.

However, and since common knowledge that The Self-proclaimed Vietnam 3 month Tour of
Duty Heroic Wonder APPLIED FOR and received THREE Purple Hearts (Never hospitalized &
band-aid treated with 1 doctor stating: "Saw worst wounds from a rose bush") plus A
Silver Star
,...I have to believe that the yokel might actually see nothing wrong about his
very own similar type bulls--t.

After all, if quite similar phony heroic exploits have proved good enough a quite lengthy run
in The United States Senate and even a candidate for The Presidency,...isn't there obviously
much to be gained by perpetually so BS'n people?

In my eyes all such are the very lowest of scum. Still, and say or think what you will about
such,...but STUPID Scum such are not. Kerry STILL IS A Big Time Senator & Sparrow's new
best friend (just jokin) STILL has his nice job.

Neil
Old 07-20-2008, 08:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sounds to me like a wannabe so ignorant of the military that he didn't know desertion was a serious offense. He is even a loser at being a wannabe.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:04 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sounds like he's jumping on the "We-Love-Our-Troops" bandwagon. Today's service men & women are rightly called heroes, unlike when we were in. Back then whether you served in RVN or not, you were the enemy.