The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2002, 06:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default The far left bites the dust. Now they are whining.

For decades the American public has been bombarded with News that was strongly slanted to the liberal left.
Conservative representitives were rarely shown on broadcast media. When they were, they were paired against a liberal that was articulate, a spin expert and the show was designed to make the conservative appear to be an idiot.
Laws were enacted by a liberal congress that gave power to the left to squash fair reporting of the News. For years "fair" was what the liberals wanted Americans to hear.

In modern day respects, Tom Daschel embodies all that is ugly from the far left politicians that sell our countrys safety to the highest bidder. He goes on air and rants about conservative talk show hosts and conservative cable networks that are giving Americans their first view of a balanced opinion in years. He talks about the "shrill" rhetoric coming from conservatives that puts liberals in danger. Bullshit.
All the shrill rhetoric for years has come from far left liberals like Daschel that portray conservatives as neanderthrals and morons.

"Elect a conservative and a black church will burn."

"Conservatives want to poison the air and kill your children."

"Conservatives want to take your Social Security away from you."

"Conservatives etc etc etc ad nauseam."

The input of conservative talk shows and conservative cable broadcasting finally showed what had been hidden from the American people for years. Liberals like Daschel had no programs, no ideas, existed on misrepresentation and lies and had no qualms about playing politics with all our lives.
Now he is whining like the immature baby he is.
Expect him to try and resurrect the so called "fairness in reporting laws" that were overturned. These are the laws that liberals used for years to stifle free speech. His ranting and ravings are just setting up the introduction of the legislation. Guranteed.

People like Daschel are obstructionists and a danger to this country. His blocking of the Homeland Defense legislation for months at the behest of the Defense Lawyers Guild that poured millions into his campaign was his downfall. It is about time the conservatives started wising up and voting these losers out of office. Eight years of the lies, deceit, crookedness and shenanigans of the Clintons started waking Americans up. September 11, which I lay directly at the feet of the radical liberals was the impetus.

Now Daschel and his radical left, shallow thinking, self centered and clueless companions are squealing like stuck pigs.

Squeal on, we conservatives hate Tofu and love ham.

(Don't any liberals here take offense at this post. I haven't seen a liberal here which can come close to the far left, fall off the earth politics of Daschel, Pelosi, Clintons etc etc.)

Of course if you like the above figures...........wellll..................

Al Gore and Hillary Clinton in '08!!!

(A conservatives dream. Make it easy."
Old 11-23-2002, 07:03 AM

Default John Gibson, Fox News

"It's the Media, Stupid

Thursday, November 21, 2002

By John Gibson

I worked in the dark ages of broadcasting under something called the Fairness Doctrine.

Under the Fairness Doctrine, an anchor or host or reporter could not present one opinion without presenting the opposing view ? side by side, in close proximity ? and it was virtually forbidden for the anchor or host to say what he or she thought.

The FCC voted the fairness doctrine out under the theory that so many new radio and television outlets were being created that the American public would be able to get the other side of the story by tuning in to the right TV or radio dial.

This is why Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle is mad about Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and other conservative talk show hosts. They have attracted a huge and highly motivated audience. There simply isn't a liberal version, at least on the radio.

You could argue that the liberals have four television networks that represent their point of view, but evidently... that isn't enough for Daschle.

He wants those voices he doesn't like silenced, and soon enough you are going to hear that the problem isn't just Limbaugh or Hannity... it's the demise of the Fairness Doctrine. You'll hear a call for a return to the days when a broadcaster's license could be taken away if there was even the perception of unfairness.

This is an easy one. The liberal leaders are blaming what they call conservative media for their losses, and they are teeing up scare politics to stifle, muzzle, silence and chill the media they don't like.

I predict an attempt to bring back to life the old Fairness Doctrine. It was a good way to shut people up.

That's My Word.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Why Today's Debate Is Fair and Balanced

Friday, November 22, 2002

By John Gibson

A bunch of you wise guys out there wrote to me after my warning of the return of the so-called Fairness Doctrine.

This came up because Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle is making noises that such a thing might be necessary again to quiet down conservative talk radio and TV. Evidently, Daschle feels threatened by conservatives saying what they think.

So a bunch of you said, "Well, why would you complain about the Fairness Doctrine if you say you're fair and balanced? Hmmmm?"

Here's your answer, smart guys. We are fair and balanced. Just look at our lineup of guests, packed with Democrats, former Gore staffers, former Clinton administration officials, former Carter officials. That, coupled with putting on the other side and letting the debate rage, is what we call fair and balanced.

The Fairness Doctrine was actually a lie. It wasn't fair. It was a way for a sly broadcaster to tip the scales in a political debate by pretending to be purely neutral, while booking an articulate, persuasive guest on his side, and a clunker dud of a guest on the other. And the host or anchor was loath to express any opinion for fear of the FCC threatening to yank the station's license.

When the so-called Fairness Doctrine went away, real fairness could flourish and all sides could be heard. It made it possible for what you have today here on this network... fair and balanced debate, and then you decide.

That's My Word."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: John Gibson, Fox News

Hmmmmm...........Interesting, I might be right.
Will miracles never cease? lol.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default GoldenDragon

Of course you're right!! One thing I keep hearing over and over, is that the liberals lost because they didn't get their message out. I beg to differ: they got their message out, the people heard it, and rejected it for the obstructionist, anti-American, more taxes attitude that is part and parcel of the Democratic party. There was not one member here, for example, that defended the Bonier trip and the subsequent lies about his being a Vietnam veteran; the typical liberal response to criticism is to start the demonization process. "Shooting the messenger does not eliminate the truth of the message." One of the reasons why the liberals whine and complain about Rush Limbaugh is that they don't have a talk show host who can compete; they can't find one who is as informed, entertaining or dynamic. In the arena of ideas and competition, the liberals are relegated to the sidelines as also-rans and has-beens.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-24-2002, 07:50 AM

Maybe you guy's are right about the Liberal left of the democrats but if you like swimming in red ink and not having clean air,then you'll have it and as far as Rush( big mouth) Limbaugh at one time I though he was the lucky one when he was losing his hearing at least he wasn't going to have hear his own voice but even he wasn't that lucky.
have a nice day
razz
Old 11-24-2002, 08:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

In all seriousness the DNC platform is to watch for the current administration to screw up then nail them. I don?t see that is much of a cause or helpful agenda for anyone. But that is exactly what the Reno Gazette Journal has reported as the results of a high level DNC ?war council?. For my part, the childish hyjinks always going on masks any real message they may have so it boils down to a ?don?t matter anyway ? proposition. As well, the DNC needs to stop shooting themselves in the foot by using high profile jollywoody airheads as their spokespersons. I mean, I?m embarrassed just to listen to their empty words coming from equally empty heads. But I suppose there is no limit to their hypocrisy so they just keep blabbing away about nothing and filling the air with meaningless words.

If I?m not mistaken, I do believe that the US is waking up to the outrageous and perennial Liberal bias in the media and as a result the more reasonable network news shows are growing by leaps and bounds. People do vote with the TV remote and that?s a fact.

So then, mean old Rush beat up on poor little Dasch. Oh sob, whimper, whine and snivel. Seems to me that the Senate bully got a taste of his own medicine and doesn?t like it one damn bit. But then what goes around has a nasty habit of coming around and he can go sit in the corner now, behave himself and try to do something productive for once, maybe.

Scamp
Old 11-24-2002, 03:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razz

To paraphrase the Great Ronaldus Maximus (that's Ronald Reagan, to you folks in Rio Linda), there you go again! So you don't like Rush Limbaugh? OK, does it make you feel better to call him a big mouth? He has a large audience, because people like to listen to him, much to the chagrin of the liberals. Unless I'm mistaken, your radio has an on-off switch, so if you don't want to listen to him, and perhaps learn something, step right up, find the right switch, and viola! silence. Now, that wasn't all that hard, now was it?

So now, it's bad to run deficits, i.e., red ink? Do you think that this is a Repubican phenomena, or do you possibly think that (1) it might be caused by war-time spending (2) too much pork-barrel spending, or (3) simply those waskally wepublicans spending all the loot? Go back and look at how your Democratic party ran things, with deficits every budget cycle.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 11-25-2002, 04:05 AM

this HLS bill was so full of pork my blood presser went up 10 points and when I listen to radio it sure ant eather side left or right.
razz
Old 11-25-2002, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Let's see now. Executive Branch proposes a budget. Legislative Branch enacts a budget. Where did the deficit come from Daschle? It just don't happen without first going through congress and the Dem's have had that most every time a deficit has happened. The President only has a choice of signing it or letting the country go without any money. Where is the line item veto so the President can get rid of the pork? Once it's signed by the President it takes 2/3rds of congress to overide.