Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Interesting John Kerry site

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com

Has anyone been to this site? Is what they say about Kerry true?

I was not old enough at the time to take in any of what was happening so I am going to have to rely on the good people here to dig through the spin.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2004, 10:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default David...

Interesting INDEED!!! Whatever, The Site certainly proves the point that some Medal of Honor earners/recipients express with words to the effect that: "All TRUE Heroes are no longer with us,...and all others are just survivors and lucky".

Plus, one couldn't help but noticing from The Site, in that all: "Survivors" aren't necessarily as forthcoming or honest and/or so political about things, as one would expect. You would think that John and Jane were once actually shipmates.

Neil
Old 02-07-2004, 10:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sad to say, it's true

Following is a quote form some of Kerry's actions:

"...The boat's machine gunner hit and wounded the fleeing Viet Cong as he darted behind a hootch. The twin .50s gunner fired at the Viet Cong. He said he "laid 50 rounds" into the hootch before Kerry leaped from the boat and dashed in to administer a "coup de grace" to the wounded Viet Cong. Kerry returned with the B-40 rocket and launcher..."

Excuse me, but didn't the rules of ground warfare supposedly preclude this type of behavior? Executing prisoners of war? I believe that's called a criminal offense. Reading more into Kerry's past military exploits, one learns that he lays claim to women, children, and ARVN soldiers as well as part of his body count. Where's all the protest of these criminal acts from his anti-war, VC-flag waving buddies?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-07-2004, 11:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Way back when war was hell, it was hotter at noon, women were women and so were a lot of the men; just after the VN War, there was a comedy group called the ?Fire Sign Theater?. One show was called ?All the bozos on the bus? and my favorite one liners were ?Ya can?t be two places at once when you are no place at all", coupled with "ya can?t get there from here and ya simply must go all the way around the world?. So if Kerry was ostensibly a Naval Officer and was capping a wounded VC or whatever, then he was clearly out of line and being two places at once and no place at all plus dishonoring his crew.

On the other hand I know for fact that things got real nasty, real nasty on the Perfume and Cau Vet rivers at times and possibly out of control, but I don?t recall that as being the norm. One mitigating factor may have been the B-40 rocket as those things could shred a USN small craft right down to the water line and there may have been a pay back deal working, who knows. I did see a Sailor jump into snake infested waters and save a child that has fallen off a Vietnamese contraband running junk we were chasing. That was brave and stout of that guy and more like the norm, but he had to swim like a mad man because those river snakes were aggressive as all hell. We called him ?Joey? and he was from North Dakota and by no means was he the picture of athletic ability, but he pulled it off somehow, someway.

Personally, I?m not sure how much Kerry?s book is afterthought political theater as in ?Oh, look what they made me do? or how much is reality. Politicos have a way of turning bios and sagas into constituent pleasing eye candy that sometimes acts to stretch a condom over a basketball. But we?ll see what we see as the contest is joined. I?m of the opinion that Kerry is a Ted Kennedy produced sperm of the moment, cobbled together, alternative to Dean. As such, some of Kerry?s stuff may not stand the bright light of day in the National contest venue, but we?ll see. Me thinks he?s not so much a man of conviction as a man of opportunity as his vote record doesn?t paint such a pretty picture at all and his continual stance to under equip our military begs some answers to some serious questions. I would start with ?why?? Why would a US Senator want the US to have a second or third rate military? Good question I think, but then what do I know eh. But then as Kerry said himself, ?Bring it on?. OK, let?s just do that and get to nut cutting and sort out the fly shit from the pepper. I?m all ears, so let?s hear it.

Scamp
Old 02-07-2004, 12:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Exerpted from an email from a friend...

Brice,

"I am very familiar with the Winter Soldier Hearings and understand Kerry's connections to Fonda's money via his leadership of the VVAW.

One of the wannabes who testified at the Winter Solider Hearings was from the 9th ID. [Our former unit] He testified about his criminal combat experiences with the 9th and about General Ewell [the Division Commander at the time, one of the finest produced, ever] being know as the "Butcher of the Delta". By the way, it was proven later that this BS artist had a clerk MOS and never was in the bush! [My friend's description comports and tracks nicely with Burkett's stories as told in "Stolen Valor." Many of the so-called "veterans" were veterans only of other anti-war protests.]

[My friend continues:] By the way, I went to DC to attend Operation Dewey Canyon III in April 1971. Once there I realized I was amongst some of the most BS wannabe screw ups alive. After 1/3 day of watching the BS theatrics (mock firefights as well as other BS acts) I wondered off and stayed drunk for a week in DC." [As confessed to me later, this was my friend's political epiphany.]

Much of what we're seeing of Kerry is political theatre at its worst, as he attempts to juggle the multiple balls of anti-war, macho-man, defender of the little man, and protector of the rich. He urged us to "bring 'em on," ... well Johnnie me Boy, we'll gladly oblige ya!! Your balls will soon be falling on your head. Stay tuned for more tidbits.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-07-2004, 01:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

NOW we're talkin' gents, NOW we ARE talkin'!

:-) :-) :-) :-)

(That spells, USAF! ho ho ho!)

Zoomie IN!
Old 02-07-2004, 01:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Had to happen, it just had to happen, ha, how funny. It seems that Kerry has made the big time now and is front page stuff on the market tabloids. The tabloids have him as dipping his wick with Hollywood starlets, doin drugs, and having vanity facial cosmetic surgery. :ek: :ek:
I mean he?s right there on the stand next to J.Lo and the speculation about who or whoms she is doing these days after Ben. :ek:
Never fails, so now Kerry will get his turn in the wringer and is up-town now for sure, LOL. Ha, but maybe he?s a bit closer to those Kennedy boys than I thought eh. Could be, who knows, LOL.

Could it be that them bad boys at the GOP black ops room have been a sharing sagas of conquest and yore? This just gets too funny sometimes.

Scamp
Old 02-07-2004, 01:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Well, my guess is... IF he gets the formality of the nod come convention time (since NO battles are allowed anymore in those crowded hallowed halls :-( it will be a heavy heavy contest, all stops being pulled out by both sides and everybody in the middle too.

Watch for the difference being attempted made from the college campuses... that is where the energy (and some money) will be coming from to ensure a Kerry victory, as things/personalities now stand.

There are roughly 17-20 million vets, a major major voting block. We'll see how that power is used...
Old 02-07-2004, 03:30 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Dave

I've followed the adventures of Kerry for many years. From this vets against the war days, "We were as bad as the Nazi's" to his run for president. The site you found seems very accurate.

It left out one item that has made me mad for 20 years. When Kerry ran for the Senate he did a campaign add in front of The Wall. Basically, he said if those 58,000 men were alive they would all vote for him. Total bull, something that really got under my skin. I would actually vote for Sharpton before Kerry.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-07-2004, 04:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default Re: Dave

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy I I would actually vote for Sharpton before Kerry.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Good God man, tell us you're kidding!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown