Old 04-17-2002, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Favorite Aircraft

dewman

Registered to :Apr 05, 2002
Posted 14-04-2002 at 03:06
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is your favorite aircraft? (just thought to lifven things up) THe F-22 for me.. all the way

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile www Qoute
David

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 14-04-2002 at 04:55
It's a great site dewman, nice work

Profile www Qoute
arrow

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 14-04-2002 at 10:35
Very cool! Nice work!
-----------------
The LT said: "Keep Movin"

Profile Qoute
SgtBlake

Registered to :Oct 18, 2001
Posted 15-04-2002 at 10:26
Well I'm kind of parital to the AV8B Harrior jump jet.
-----------------
Sgt G.A. Blake, MARINE, The Title says it all.

Profile www Qoute
Seascamp

Registered to :Feb 26, 2002
Posted 15-04-2002 at 11:20
Bar none, it's the A1 Sky Raider, the ?Flying dump truck?. At least that?s what I called them. They brought out a couple for the movie ?We were Solders?. It was old home week for sure. Goodness, those birds could hold some ordinance and I loved to see them do their deal. Never cared much for the F4, A6 or A7 stove pipes. They were way too fast and pilots way too crazy for my liking. The only certain deal with those was that something was going to hit something due to gravity but beyond that, it was a crapshoot and hope for the best.
Fair seas, Bill

Profile Qoute
ExAF

Registered to :Apr 05, 2002
Posted 16-04-2002 at 13:23
Ahh...I will take a C-130 anyday. Most forgiving aircraft in the world. Ok, not built for speed, not pretty, but reliable.

Profile Qoute
DMZ-LT

Registered to :Aug 27, 2001
Posted 16-04-2002 at 13:50
Not sure what it was but I REALLY loved that bird that flew me out of Bitnam back to the world. Judging by the yells and hollers of my fellow passengers upon take off I think a few others would vote for that plane

Profile Qoute
Hoyin

Registered to :Mar 25, 2002
Posted 16-04-2002 at 15:03
Hrm...I lived near the Alameda Naval Air station. I mean NEAR..as in next door! The high school I went to had a jet parked on the lawn..it was an old F4 (?) its hard to remember. (We were the Encinal Jets,,how original) Anyway..for our senior prank we drug that thing out to the street where there was a large corner..so coming around you'd see looming before you a large airplane..looked like it missed the base and landed there instead. *G* We didnt get caught cause ALL the seniors were in on it..but we sure got bitched at. Later on after they tied it down we painted it with peace symbols and flowers. Just cause. I think that old plane is my favorite by far.
-----------------
Mongol Dai!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2002, 03:14 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dutchmil
Arrow Hornet

Mine is the F/A-18 Hornet, to bad it's not in the Dutch arsenal
Old 04-30-2002, 05:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dewman
Default What do you think of the f22

Anyone think there is a better aircraft than the f22 (performance wise for the job of being a fighter jet)? Post here. (you probly can figuer i like the F22) HEHE Keep flyin'!

F22 Fighter- Everything on the F-22

Old 04-30-2002, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I would have to say the latest migs are the best production fighters out there right now. Once the F22 has some combat time maybe that will change.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Default spads

I believe seascamp is right. even with all the new gadgits the jets have give me a a1 sky raider or spad anytime for close in air support. the jets are good fighters but even with smart bombs they ain't that accurate you only see the pictures of the ones that do hit there targets the other pictures are never released and if it were my ass on the line and i could make a call for any airplne for close in support it would deffintly be the a-1 sky raider they carryed so much ordenance off those carriers that when they launched off they were bearly able to out run the carrier but they were accurate very very accurate god love those pilots coming in slow and still putting the stuff where it was needed most. now the zoomies they came in so fast i don't know how they even got close but maybe its just me, and i'll be the first to admit i'm old fashion but i sure would like to hear from the mud grunts who you would rather have supporting your ass in a close in fight a sky raider or an f22 now there is a good question.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:39 AM

Default Favorite Aircraft

Being a relatively old geezer I am going back and picking the B-58 Hustler. That was one big, bad, fast, mean looking aircraft. If it didn't drink more fuel than my 1973 Pontiac Gran-Am it probably would have stayed around longer. But it was beautiful to me.
Old 07-14-2002, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Favorite Aircraft

Quote:
Originally posted by BigTBird
Being a relatively old geezer I am going back and picking the B-58 Hustler. That was one big, bad, fast, mean looking aircraft. If it didn't drink more fuel than my 1973 Pontiac Gran-Am it probably would have stayed around longer. But it was beautiful to me.
It's a fine aircraft, looks really great!
You probably know this site:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvburen/b-58/index.htm
Old 07-14-2002, 04:41 PM

Default B58

Dutchy: No, I had not seen this site but appreciate your pointing it out to me. I took a quick gander and had to wonder about the first statement I read there: "With its introduction in 1960 the B-58 Hustler..." I saw my first one at Kelly AFB, Tx in 1957 or 1958 at an air show they had. Must have been a pre-production model, huh? Thanks again for the site...I will go there and take a good look. TBird
Old 07-16-2002, 02:41 PM

F22,F4,B58, etc. all had no props. How in the world did they fly??
at least the A1 and C130 had these basic needs. HOWEVER, Best of all time? simple P51
Old 07-16-2002, 02:46 PM

Arrow Yeah

The great almighty Mustang, it's my favorite "oldie", althought I like the P-38 too very much.