The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fishing

Getting off work this morning and going fishing, Lake Texana, (80 miles west of Houston)
Getting away from idiots for a days is therapudic. We went on so many calls last night and yesterday that people were just stupid. I guess thats why I have a job, If people did every thing correct Then I would be out of a job.
Anyway, Hope to have a bunch of Catfish this time tomarrow.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2004, 06:37 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Good luck Ron,
I hope you catch lots of cats. I know how relaxing it can be at the lake. My folks have a place on the Texas side of Toledo Bend. I make a run for the border every chance I get.

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 08:15 AM

My horse is my therapy. When I first started working here I used to end the day by telling my boss that I was off to see my therapist. This went on every day for about two weeks. Finally he pulls me aside and asked if everything was okay, he was worried that I was spending so much time in therapy.

I informed him that my therapist wears iron shoes, has a penchant for apples, oats and sugar cubes and loves to run long distances. I was training for a 22 mile competition at the time.

After looking at me rather confused for a few moments I further explained that my therapy sessions were 2 hour rides on horseback. Now he just worries that I'll end up like Christopher Reeves.

If I'm not in the barn I'm laying in the hammock with a good book.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 06-29-2004, 10:58 AM

Ya know everybody I know likes to fish. My Grand-Daughter is after me to take her fishing. I never was a fisherman even though I was 12 years in the Navy and like to eat fish I never had the patience to sit in hot boat and dangle a line.

I think back when I was kid my Dad and Grand-Father went fishing somewhere in Michigan. I sat in that boat all day - caught nothing, I got sun burned and was really unhappy about the whole event.

Father-in-law would go to Canada and fish and catch big Wallie (mmmmmm gooooood) everyone at work goes fishing I just can't get into it.

Friend of mine has a cottage by a little lake in Wisconsin I may take Lily my Grand-Daughter and go up there and sit on the pier and see what happens? But saying I'm going to and doing it is two different things.

Enough of this fishing stuff - gotta run

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-29-2004, 11:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

I am a fishing fool but what I love to do is burn up a tank of gas riding the Harley up in the mountains. Some times it takes 2 tanks before my head is on right.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:28 AM

Now I could do that.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 06-30-2004, 07:41 PM

The best thing about north dakota is fishing. Lordy all the Pike and wallie. Never ate wallie until i came up here. Im not a boater though i just prefer to wade in the water or from a pier. If im in a boat i wouldnt want to sit around i would want to be speeding around
Old 06-30-2004, 08:35 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Was there some water rescues there? Saw all the flooding down there.

Hope the cats are bitting like crazy.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fishin

Got back from fishing, Got a bag of falets in the freezer, about 10 or 11 1 1/2 to 2 lb cats , .

Mel,
Water rescues, most of the time its just body recovery, as in last shift, 14 year old boy on a tube in a ditch got sucked into a culvert.
When I was a kid I used to like playing in the rain and splashing around in ditch water but I don't belive I would have tubed fast water in a ditch, Then again, each time you make it past a stunt like that you gain experiance in life, Its just the making it past that is tough.

Ron
Old 07-01-2004, 10:10 AM

Ron,

Sorry to hear about the 14 year old. Those are the kind of calls that you hate to hear tone out. As far as people being stupid, yua are right, it's just job security! I'm heading into my four day, it's been a long set for me too. Hope you have it a little easier your next set. God bless, be safe.

Hank