Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 02:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Angry Another asshat politician!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05204/542520.stm

Lt. gov. crashed Marine's funeral, kin say

The family of a Marine who was killed in Iraq is furious with Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll for showing up uninvited at his funeral this week, handing out her business card and then saying "our government" is against the war

Rhonda Goodrich of Indiana, Pa., said yesterday that a funeral was held Tuesday at a church in Carnegie for her brother-in-law, Staff Sgt. Joseph Goodrich, 32.

She said he "died bravely and courageously in Iraq on July 10, serving his country."

In a phone interview, Goodrich said the funeral service was packed with people "who wanted to tell his family how Joe had impacted their lives."

Then, suddenly, "one uninvited guest made an appearance, Catherine Baker Knoll."

She sat down next to a Goodrich family member and, during the distribution of communion, said, "Who are you?" Then she handed the family member one of her business cards, which Goodrich said she still has.

"Knoll felt this was an appropriate time to campaign and impose her will on us," Goodrich said. "I am amazed and disgusted Knoll finds a Marine funeral a prime place to campaign."

Goodrich said she is positive that Knoll was not invited to the funeral, which was jammed with Marines in dress uniform and police officers, because the fallen Marine had been a policeman in McKeesport and Indiana County.

"Our family deserves an apology," Rhonda Goodrich said. "Here you have a soldier who was killed -- dying for his country -- in a church full of grieving family members and she shows up uninvited. It made a mockery of Joey's death."

What really upset the family, Goodrich said, is that Knoll said, 'I want you to know our government is against this war,'" Goodrich said.

She said she is going to seek an answer from Gov. Ed Rendell's administration if it opposes the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Knoll was traveling yesterday, away from the Capitol, and couldn't be reached. But an aide said she "extends condolences to all families who have lost loved ones" serving in the military.

Without having talked to her, the aide, who asked not to be named, said, "The family members of fallen soldiers are in our hearts and prayers. Our prayers go out to their loved ones in their hour of grief."

Asked to comment on Goodrich's complaints about Knoll's conduct at the funeral, the aide said that "would be inappropriate."
Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I sure would like to see that apology posted here once it is issued. She must be out of her mind to pull a stunt like that.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-25-2005, 06:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Apology?

An apology will not be sufficient. An immediate letter of resignation will suffice. What a gutless, spineless excuse fora human being she is.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif
Old 07-25-2005, 02:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I got an email addy for those that PM me I'll give it to you so you can send her your best wishes.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

I'm surprized Mz. Clinton fron N.Y. wasn'nt with her
Old 07-25-2005, 03:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

If she was, that would have made "two-pigs-in-a-pod"!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif
Old 07-25-2005, 03:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down

She has got to be the epitome of a slimey politician. Brice is right; nothing short of her resignation should be acceptable. If this was my kid, I would make it my purpose in life to see that she couldn't get elected to another public office.

I have always found it offensive that the people against a war always try to make the dead out to be nothing more than victims, and assume that the surviving family members feels the same. Especially this war being fought by an all-volunteer military. They are unable to minutely comprehend what might drive someone to put their life on the line for their country because it's not in them, nor ever will be, to do so themselves. Instead of pride in, they feel pity for a fallen soldier. I find THAT offensive. It's okay to feel sorrow for their loss and the loss to their family, but NEVER pity.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Theres so much I wanna say, should say, but wont say because I wanna say it all regarding this BITCH!!!!.....So just take the C#%T out back and give her an indecent burial.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 07-25-2005, 04:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You folks haven't started a recall election petition yet !!! Beyond the pale !

Larry
Old 07-25-2005, 04:50 PM

I live and vote in Pennsylvania.

The Lt. Governor will shortly receive a letter expressing my extreme displeasure with her behavior.

I see the Governor is none too pleased with her action either.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05206/543476.stm