Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2002, 05:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default A scenario and a question.

SCENARIO
  • 15 of the 19 hijackers were Iraqi.
  • Iraq holds public telethons to raise money to support suicide bombers.
  • The Iraqi government sponsers Madraasah's throughout the mid east that teach children to hate Jews, Christians and Americans.
  • Iraq uses its oil reserves as a threat to the U.S.
  • Iraq refuses to let our military use a multi million dollar airbase built with American taxpayer dollars.
  • Iraq engages in a public and private campaign to raise resistance throughout all Arab countries to activly resist anything the U.S. proposes.
  • Iraq without the U.S.'s military protection would fall within 1 month.
  • Hell I could go on all day.

QUESTION
Now, someone please explain to me why we want to bomb Iraq only?

PERSONAL OPINION
My personal target list. For starters;
  • Riyadh
  • Baghdad
  • Tehran

Ain't you glad I ain't in charge?

"..no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
General George S. Patton
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2002, 05:00 AM

In a word or two OIL' OIL' that's the word.
razz
Old 09-12-2002, 09:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default blues clues

If it is just to protect economic interests then we are way off base.

If it is to protect the oil supply that is vital to our economy and our defense (which it is) then I say own all the oil.

Screw these ragheads. They understand and respect one thing only, power. Show them some.
Start with Saddam, kick his ass to hell then look around and ask "Who else wants some?"
You will see tin pot dictators all over the world lining up to kiss the U.S.'s ass.

We always seem to put the cart before the horse.

My comments are not directed at the people in these countries that only want to live in freedom and peace.
They are directed to the small handfull that keep millions locked into poverty and fear.

It is useless to have the biggest stick in the world unless you are willing to whack someone upside the head with it.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:23 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default GD

15 of the 19 were Saudis. Many wanted to paint these people as poor and oppressed it turned out not to be the case. They were educated and well off. Determined assholes that wanted their fifteen min of fame. Now they have an eternity in hell to enjoy it.

I have my own ideas of why we don't do anything about the Saudis but I am not up to an argument about it. My personal opinion is we should have went to Riyadh instead of Afghanistan right from jump street.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-12-2002, 09:27 AM

I think Little Sparrow is right they were Saudis. Funded by Saudis and still being funded.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-12-2002, 10:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: GD

Quote:
Originally posted by little sparrow
15 of the 19 were Saudis. Many wanted to paint these people as poor and oppressed it turned out not to be the case. They were educated and well off. Determined assholes that wanted their fifteen min of fame. Now they have an eternity in hell to enjoy it.

I have my own ideas of why we don't do anything about the Saudis but I am not up to an argument about it. My personal opinion is we should have went to Riyadh instead of Afghanistan right from jump street.
ditto
Old 09-12-2002, 11:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

One position that you see around the world that absolutely sickens me, is also present among some Americans and is rampart on college campuses.
Fortunately you see very little if any of that here.
That position is;

"I'm not personally threatened by Iraq, why should we care what he does?"

To begin with I disagree completely with the logic (or lack thereof) behind that statement.
But even if you accept that on face value, where does it leave these people?

My answer to that comes from one of the greatest military leaders the world has ever seen;

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks nothing is worth fighting for is much worse. A man who thinks there is nothing worth fighting for, nothing more important than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who must be made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- General George S. Patton
Old 09-12-2002, 12:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wow!

Did Patton hit the nail on the head or what.

What he said!

Packo

PS I went to high school with all those miserable little creatures he was talkin' bout.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-18-2002, 12:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Good Analogy & Question...GoldenDragon.

Though, and as an American it is a bit embarassing that Our Leaders STILL consider: "The World's Greatest Con-Artists" (article title re. The Saudis)...to be our friends. They have none, since "They" are more self/clique-serving than America's very own
rulers will ever be.

Besides G.D., even morons must realize that "The Sheiks of Arabi" have been causing trouble in The Middle East, and supporting terrorist scum for about 50 years. And, all in the name of Allah to boot.

Plus, it has even been proven by past and current attacks worldwide, that a goodly portion of Saudis themselves are terrorist scum. My, my, my. When-the-hell will our political micro-managers of The U.S. Military ever learn what The Average Joe (Jane also) on the street has always known?
Hope that the awakening and coming to ones senses doesn't come too late.

Neil