The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Memorials

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2003, 10:56 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Frank...life took me around a bend in the road today...and my heart was very sad for all the lonely people in the world......

"This is to all the lonely people thinkin' that life has past them by...don't give up till you drink from that silver cup...and ride that highway in the sky...."

was on my mind...

but around that bend on that back country road there was a long rolling stretch of black top..I dipped down into a valley and then crested the top ofa hill andlooked to my left...it was about dusk...and there in all it's fall glory was a field of green with hundreds of wild flowers, deep yellow in color,scattered about...and there you were...

Thank you brother....

"I won't give up til I drink from that silver cup...and ride that highway in the sky"...Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2003, 03:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Just Discovered why I couldn't get a response from Frank

I served with Frank Skokan in Echo Recon 1/501, 101st during 1971. I got hold of him by e-mail a couple years ago. Then lost touch. I've been wondering why I've not gotten any responses to my recent e-mails. Surfing the web this early morning and my worst fears are confirmed. Trying to find him somewhere and I'm a little late and a lifetime short I was "Doc Urb" during our time in the Nam. Going through so many emotions right now I can't think quite straight. He told me about the burns he had received and I never got to ask him how he deals with all the pain, becuase I had and have been going through my own personal hell. Frank, thanks for every thing you did for me. From covering my ass to putting me in for that Soldiers Medal. I guess you thought I must have deserved it for swimming stark naked across that river to give the ol Sarge mouth to mouth and then exposing myself to the MEDEVAC crew as they dropped the jungle penetrator. I know you suffered and paid a price, but you are paid in full now brother and at rest with the Lord. Sorry I missed you before the ride was over. You will be in my prayers this holiday season as will all the other brothers and sisters that have posted such kind words for you. I hear you 5 x 5 brother and am saddened that you finally "skyed up". You were such a kid with that Georgia Peach baby face, but you were such a man and I Thank God I got to know you for a little while. Guess I'm rambling now bro'. See ya on the other side.

Jack "Doc Urb" Urbany
Old 01-21-2004, 11:59 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Doc I came here tonight looking for something else and found your post.Thank you for your beautiful memorial to him. I am really sorry I didn't see it early. God Bless you brother. And Welcome home. I hope you will return. You have some good brothers here that were close to Frank and loved him.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Frank , still got you in my heart. As you know the Harley is running fine and enjoy having you aboard when I ride. Tell Bart I still love him to , you both would have loved Johnny. Peace brother , I'll be down to visit soon