The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Congress people above the law?

WASHINGTON ? House Speaker Dennis Hastert demanded Wednesday that the FBI surrender documents it seized and remove agents involved in the weekend raid of Rep. William Jefferson's office, under what lawmakers of both parties said were unconstitutional circumstances.

"We think those materials ought to be returned," Hastert said, adding that the FBI agents involved "ought to be frozen out of that (case) just for the sake of the constitutional aspects of it."

The Saturday night search of Jefferson's office on Capitol Hill brought Democrats and Republicans together in rare election-year accord, with both parties protesting agency conduct they said violated the Constitution's separation of powers doctrine.

Democrats, meanwhile, tried to get Jefferson to resign his seat on the House's most prestigious panel.

"In the interest of upholding the high ethical standard of the House Democratic Caucus, I am writing to request your immediate resignation from the Ways and Means Committee," wrote House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi in the one-sentence correspondence.

Jefferson was defiant.

"With respect, I decline to do so," he wrote back to Pelosi."I will not give up a committee assignment that is so vital to New Orleans at this crucial time for any uncertain, long-term political strategy."

From Fox new home page.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2006, 07:08 AM

I guess Congress is a protected area. Laws don't apply there.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Robert J Ryan

Laws only apply to citizens I guess, maybe Congress members don't think they are citizens but are above us, and above the laws of this nation. They're politicans what else could we expect.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There is a comic opera playing in DC, with several scenes going simultaneously. Scene #1 shows Little Willie of the Chocolate City with his hand deep into the cookie jar, filmed by several wonderful cameramen from your friendly FBI. This video is prima facia evidence (proof on its face, for those in the audience from Rio Linda) sufficient to issue a warrant for the arrest of Common Man, an invisible character in the opera. Fade to a home freezer of Little Willie of the Chocolate City, where the evidence filmed in Scene #1 is found, wrapped and secured, giving new definition to the term "cold, hard cash."

Scene #2 shows a duet by the Lard Ass of Illinois and the Wicked Witch of the West, bewailing some song about separation of powers, while forgetting the words of "Probable Cause," a classic song that long preceded this opera.

Immediately following this duet, the Wicked Witch of the West demands that Little Willie quit, sung in a pseudo-mournful aria of crocodile tears and ersatz hand-wringing. She is embarrased by the criminal antics of Little Willie, but lacks the charm, charisma, or other skills necessary to force Little Willie to eschew his errant ways and means. She just wants him to go away, hopefully to the Chocolate City, where maybe the Good Mayor could find Little Willie a new job, working on the levees. AFter all, she muses, the pay if much better, and you don't have to keep your money in a freezer.

Lurking in the shadows, a stealthy and unrepentant Little Willie shakes his Little Willie Finger at the Wicked Witch, vowing not to quit, extolling his alleged innocence, and promising himself not to get caught again in another sting.

Meanwhile, the audience, composed entirely of decent people who thought the actors in this continuing example of buffoonery were the servants of the audience, instead are learning that the actors and actresses are the masters, demanding ever higher ticket prices for ever declining performances.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default FBI

Hasn't given in yet, Next step for them (FBI) is arrest warrent.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

When you have 50% of the voting population too apathetic and lazy to even register to vote, and the other 50% who blindly vote for the same folks over and over, giving them in effect a life time position of power, what the hell do you expect ?

larry
Old 05-25-2006, 10:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Based on the sting op and the frozen big buck ?gourmet? items, plus what other ancillary evidence is at hand, it would seem that the Congressman is as dirty as a broken toilet, maybe. It?s not inconceivable that the next scene in the matinee will have an up-scale rendition of the usual and patented Al and Jessie ?R? card being played again.

Sure, the mean ol? FBI crossed the barrier into the sanctum sanctorum of backstabbing and dirty dealing and will surely catch the heat. Hopefully that doesn?t become the much sought after, pure gold, ?get out of jail free card?, but I expect those moves will be made in the subsequent acts of dramatic, weeping, wailing and nashing of teeth. Guess I had better find my hankey for that tear-jerking scene, I'll probably need it.... being the tender heart that I am.

Scamp
Old 05-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default I Still

recall the video of DC mayor selling Cocane and then getting re-elected .
Im not sure, but a white perosn may have had a small problem with the re-election.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp

Uknowingly or not, you provided the basic framework and theme for Act II of the opera, "Little Willie Goes to Washington, and then to Jail." I had not factored in the "R" card as likely to be presented by the Wonderful Duo of Horse Hocky and Hocky Puck, Jackson and Sharpton.

Scene 1: I can just hear them now, rappin',
"If de cash be cole, it ain't been stole!"

Scene 2, Act II:

"Dat video must be made by Whitey,
cuz de picture sho' be flighty!"

"Ain't no way it's Jefferson our brotha,
De video must be shot by some whity mutha."

On a kinder, gentler note, I just hope the FBI doesn't back down and buckle under the threats of budget blackmail.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:27 PM

In the end, 415 impartial historians will agree that Dubya's behind it all.