The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2004, 07:07 AM

Default Vietnam Vet Ordered To Remove anti-Kerry Posters

Bringing this over from Military.com, it needs attention, as it were. Free speech is the cornerstone of America's political process. I bet if it were a pro-Kerry sign, not a word would have been said. In the event that the landlord has his way in this, would it also affect the Halloween and Christmas decorations of this apartment complex? Hmmmm.

================================================== ======================

Kerry's friends are trying to stop Free Speech.

Honorable Disabled Vietnam Veteran Ordered To Remove Kerry Posters.

Kerry Called Us Baby-Killers

VIETNAM VETERANS AGAINST JOHN KERRY

Having received two hand-held posters during the Washington DC Vietnam Veteran Rally against John Kerry, former Combined Action Program (CAP) Marine Jack Cunningham placed them inside his apartment. Now, under threat of eviction, and the cost of all legal costs, the proud and honorable, disabled veteran is ordered to immediately remove the posters from sight of his apartment window.

His Englewood, New Jersey landlord CAMBRIDGE MANOR / WILSON MANOR ASSOCIATES has brought a NOTICE TO CEASE order against the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) disabled vet under the New Jersey Law (N.J.S.A. 2A: 18-61) a) "Maintain the apartment in clean, sanitary and safe condition."

Personally, I feel that since my two signs are NOT endangering anyone's physical health, they must be considered not clean or sanitary. I would assume now that I'm being forced to remove my two signs from sight, all objects dealing with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, American patriotism, religious, personal, etc. could also be removed under the same NJ Law. ?I do not think it is fair,? Cunningham stated.

I strongly feel I?m being discriminated against and harassed, because of my views against John Kerry. After serving honorably in Vietnam, I think that I earned my right to place my signs on an inside table.

I think this is more of an attack against my right to Free Speech than a safety or sanitary issue...

Jack Cunningham

Please see the two hand-held posters and the threatening documents at:
target=_blank>http://home.earthlink.net/~proud_vietnam_veteran/

(Since, I live on monthly disability benefits, I could NOT possible afford legal costs for the landlord as well as my own.)

target=_blank>http://home.earthlink.net/~rally_against_john_kerry/
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2004, 12:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Lifes a Peach then you Move to New Jersey sounds like the Landlord was one of them scumbuckets spitting on our fellow veterans coming home from Vietnam and calling them all the lies Kerry preached in 71' !