The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2003, 04:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE JERRY

HOWEVER- Politics is like acting, in that these gents and gals are always looking for their next role, even before the current gig is on the screen, or the critics have had their voice!

"I guess that it is called political insecurity, and insecure they should be!" After all, is this not the state of being that the voters are placed in right from the moment that most politicos are sworn in? "And from there it's all down hill for the citizenry!"

Most people get up in the morning to go to work, whereas. many politicians rise in the morning, look about at the mess that they helped to create, and then go back to sleep - "THEIR NATURAL STATE I FEAR!"

VERITAS
Old 07-01-2003, 04:37 AM

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 12:02 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Exclamation Judy

Judy: I?ll have you know I?ve voted against Kennedy?s more than anyone on this site, think I?m older than anyone else from the Commonwealth and always, always vote. We got our nickname of Taxachusetts from people in this state. It was Billy Bulger and that dirt bag Finneran who have run the state house for the last 30 years, they make our budges, Kennedy helps make Your budget.
We are not brainwashed into thinking this is the only place on earth to live. We just take in the sites, ignore the politics and buy many of our goods in New Hampshire.
Your right, in D.C. the closest bar to the Capitol building is Ted Kennedy?s office but as long as he?s not driving over bridges that?s no big deal. Hey, what about Bobby Byrd, former KKK member, who now spends more of your federal dollars than anyone in charge of military R&D?
We are not brainwashed. It?s just that if you are Irish, Roman Catholic, Democrat and have a base in Boston, you get elected in this state. Another argument against majority rules!

Lonely in the Peoples Republic,
Andy
Old 07-01-2003, 02:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy

After reading your sad recitation of the ills of Taxachusetts, and the curses brought on by the Irish, Democratic Catholic machine, I might invite you to live or at least visit here where I reside. For fun, we can drive over to Johnson City, hometown of our most infamous homeboy, Lyin' Brayin' Jacksass, or run right up the highway to Dripping Springs, hometown of Ramblin' Mark Rose, of the 51 Escapees from Reality Texas House of Representatives fame. Fortunately, things are getting better, and we might have a state redistricting plan that truly reflects the will of the people, the voting reflection of the population, and ergo, a few more Republicans in Congress from Texas!

BTW: just read an interesting review of the latest book about the Kennedy's, this time on John Jr. Wow! Whatta piece of work his wife must have been.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-01-2003, 08:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Unhappy

:ek: Sorry Andy...didn't mean to attack you personally....you know you are my favorite democrat! After all I'm Married to one of those New Englanders and I didn't mean him either....there are exceptions to every rule! :ek:
Old 07-01-2003, 08:58 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Judy

Madam,
Your first post did not offend me, only wanted to point out, as much as I dislike Teddy, it aint just about him. (I hear tell that everyone in S.C. watched Strom Thurman?s funeral on TV. Not sure if that?s true, I?ll bet there?s a 30% loyal opposition who were happy the old man has breathed his last. When Kennedy dies, if I?m alive, I?ll have a drink and there will be no crying in this man?s beer.) One might also point out that if you believe there was a democracy in the city of Chicago (for example) in the 60?s, if you don?t believe Mayor Daily owned and operated that town just like Martha Stewart owns and operates Martha Stewart Inc. then something is wrong. If you just grabbed Kennedy as an example of ?one of THOSE families?, OK, I got it, no problem. Just a friendly note, if you were to say all of New England loves the Kennedy?s to my relatives in Maine, bad things could happen.

Now what?s this about calling me you favorite democrat? My dear, if you were a man I?d challenge you to a duel on Friday morning. (It would have to be in the morning the Red Sox are playing those damn Yankees in the evening). According to ?the code? your husband is responsible for your words and deeds. What?s he doing Friday morning? Democrat, last time someone confused me with a democrat there was some blood on the floor. (Gimpy, I say that will all due respect.)

Scout: I thought we got along ok. Your inviting me to Texas in July? Well hell, why don?t you invite me to Ecuador? When I see you in the Bay State in February, then I?ll think about Texas in July.
BTW: Back in 1970 while driving across the country in a van I purchased in California, we drove through Johnson City. There appeared to be quite a number of shot gun holes in the sign that said, ?Welcome to Johnson City Texas Population XX,XXX? Me, a New Englander with California tags on a van with hippy type bumper stickers. And I was only armed with one 9mm! Frightening! Matter of fact I had a very bad experience with a police officer in El Paso however, that is ancient history.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 07-02-2003, 04:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy, Andy, Andy...

... just to show how terribly confused you are, I invited you down here in July, not August!! There is at least a 2-3 degree differential....Me and the Bay State in Winter? Think I'd rather have a bore-brush enema.

You're right about road signage in Blanco County. There are some folks, more than wants to admit it, that loathe and despise LBJ and all he stood for. It was his family that pulled some big shenanegans, and had the county seat moved from Blanco to Johnson City; the old county courthouse in Blanco is a visitor center, and has some commercial occupants, but the animosity between the two towns is still prevalent.

Change of subject: read an article that stated California's problems can be traced directly to legal and illegal immigration, to the tune of about $28 Big Ones. Other border states, Texas included, are still hemmoraging money, paying for education, medical care, increased criminal justice expenses, and other infrastructure costs associated with this problem. Anybody who claims that illegal immigrants are benefits to our soecity is smoking some funny-shaped cigarettes again - they are net tax-dollar eaters, big-time. Controlling immigation, both legal and illegal, should be one of th top priorities of our government, starting with the feds.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-02-2003, 05:11 AM

Default SCOUT!!!!!!!!

What in the world has happened to you!!!!! Inviting foreigners to this wonderful country in such balmy weather!!! You know "outsiders" are restricted. Did some work in Blanco in the early '80s and certainly agree with your description of the "air" between it and the Johnson City shenanigan!!!!!
SF
NC
Old 07-02-2003, 08:19 AM

Maybe they need to go back to smoking some of those funny shaped cigarettes. :re:
I think they've been smokin' crack!
Old 07-02-2003, 08:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Why Hell gents, don't you know that we here in the Golden State have no immigration problems!? It's all hype and smokescreens, or so say (more than) a few bleeding hearts that are right on top of the issue in Los Angeles and Sacramento!

For the record, the last time that I looked, L.A. was about 150 miles from T-Town (Tijuana), and it was roughly 500 miles from Sacramento to the IB (International Border)!

I keep hearing all of this crap about the moral abuse of illegals, in that we corral these people and herd them back south. For the record, I can see that invisible line (border) right from my rear door, and no end of illegal foot traffic passes right by my front window here in the "High Desert Back Country!"

Also for the record, the last "Illegal Gent" that I ran into, but a few days back, came to my door with tears in his eyes and a claim on his lips that he wanted me to drive him down the mountain to El Cajon (SD) because his brother was in the Navy there, his fiancee was also there, and he was to be married in a few days! He was scared to death of the Border Patrol, he said, and he was just a poor chap yearning to breath free! (There ain't no way I would drive an illegal even across the street!!)

If they need water, that is one thing! If they are ill or scared, I call immigration to get help for them, but if you transport these people (even innocently), you are in deep shit. Your car can be seized, and you can be jailed!!

Well, then came the truth! I put in a call to a Border Patrol Friend, the gent was picked up, and lo and behold, this hombre had a record longer than a orangutan's arm - 30 pages worth! (Nice Guy?)

Now, not all illegals are criminally inclined, but as Super Scout pointed out, these people are bleeding our economy to death. No, they are not the only cause of California's financial woes, but they sure as hell add to the problem! And those far removed, who react with emotion only, must realize that our problems today, are there problems tomorrow!

VERITAS