The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2021, 12:54 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question California Is Not Dead

3-1-2021

“The Golden State Is Not Dead – it is merely sleeping!” And for those of you out there who erroneously believed that California was a never-ending cornucopia of good times and big bucks - I say get real, as this is the very same land that nurtured and supported you and yours, and it requires the very same of you now in return - as no benefactor is ever a bottomless pit!!

The old expression that goes: “Give And You Shall Received” has never been truer today! Especially as it was in those milk and honey days that followed the ending of World War II! You can not, after all, endlessly draw water from a refreshing and unpolluted well, and not expect it to eventually run dry, especially if you do not plan your consumption habits conservatively –

“And Suck It Dry We Nearly Have!”

And also worthy of consideration is the fact that you don’t abandon your own child, especially when it grows sick or infirmed? You heal it, you love it, you nurture it, and you nurse it back to health – and such must also be the case here on “The Now Shaky-Side”, as we too, shall return! And this, no thanks to those who suckled upon the fertility of the good times, only to abandoned their mother when her breasts ran dry – “And So It Currently Is!”

But not to worry, as “California” will probably welcome you back with open arms once more, when the economy once again does a flip-flop, and those golden days of yore - once again return in all of their glory to “The Truly Magnificent Golden State!!”

Hardcore
Old 03-01-2021, 02:08 PM

Arrow Your right HC CA has the best beaches

Where have I been in CA?
-
USN - Long Beach, CA
AFB - Travis Air Force Base, CA (flight out to Anderson AFB)
AFB - then to Anderson to Clark AFB, to P.I.
USN - San Diego, CA
USN - Coronado, CA
USA - Fort Irwin, CA
USN - San Francisco (celebrated 21st birthday there)
USN - Long Beach, CA
USN - Whidbey Island, WA for survival school
Oversea's:
-
AFB - Flight out from Travis, CA
AFB - Anderson AFB - Guam
USN - From Guam to Clark AFB, PI
Bus - From Clark to Subic Bay, PI
-
- Also been to:
- Hong Kong - China
- Da Nang - VN - on USS Grafias
- And later helicoptered to the USS Bon Homme Richard CVA31
(?)
I may be missing on or two more things at 74 you can only
remember to get up in the morning in most cases!
-
But yes I've been to CA both in the military and for my Civilian Field Service work
on thermal power drives and fluid dynamics of rotating equipment. Yep them were
days - nothing like being field service engineer in my day! Some clients said Wayne
only - used to get the other guys upset but hey my wife wasn't to please raising
our girls with me gone a lot - it was tough on her. But the money was good and
job's like this weren't very often open. Three full passports I have and all the
shot cards required for each country - prior to entry.
- This took me to Jedda Saudi Arabia - Holland - Germany - Mexico - Canada -
(I really want to get to Australia - but - I got bounced by seniority!)
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote