View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 08:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Today, and in the past couple of days, the pundits and partisans are debating whether Gay Marriage should be called the euphemism "civil union" or "marriage"...whichever, the legal ramifications will be identical for the military.
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2003, 03:36 PM

Blue,

Like I said, To each his/her own.

Where they go and do their "thing" is up to them, but the Man/Woman upstairs will separate them (I guess).

I mean hell man, you only live once on this earth so make the best of what you can get and have or accomplished.

Personally, I STILL LOVE THE "TACOS"....................

enough.............
Old 08-05-2003, 08:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Reeb -

I believe we, as vets, would agree however, that if and when "to each his/her own" begins to or does threaten military preparedness and effectiveness, then all of us had best immediately get real serious about personal freedoms vs. selfless duty, and to protecting and defending our country from ALL enemies foreign or domestic.

Right?
sendpm.gif
Old 08-05-2003, 02:07 PM

Blue,

If tactics got right down and dirty as to never see the daylight for a couple of days cause you are stuck in a bunker, What you rather have with you?

I wouldnt give a darn , as long as they carry their weight, just like the rest.

(personally, I would like to be there with a 5ft5in Wac,Wave.Waf, about 130 pounds>) Ha Ha...

I know where you are coming from Blue, and respect all your posts and replies. Especially the last one. Makes ALOT of sense to me, but to alot of others, WELL!!!!!

enough.......
Old 08-05-2003, 03:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hi Reeb -

Yes, in a firefight etc., or even in a warehouse or office, what matters is carrying a full share of the weight... and I have little doubt homosexuals have, can and will always do so.

The issue here is marriage. The military has a hard enough time coping with heterosexual marriage, dependents and other relationships as it is.

They talking heads are still talking about all over the place...me included.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-05-2003, 03:36 PM

Everyone wants to be the good guy and say, "It's their choice", but the simple truth is legalizing Gay marriages affects an entire nation and it's Military not just the people who are involved.

Many considerations and allowances would need to be made for Gay couples. The policy on "Don't ask don't tell" would have to be abolished. Housing, for Gay couples, would need to be provided. Our soldiers would need to be given classes on tolerance and acceptance of Gays in our Military. Our Military leaders would need to accept the Gay culture in our Military in order for our troops to do same. It is so much more complex than chucking it off as "It's their choice". Our nation isn't ready for same sex marriages.

just my 2 cents..
sendpm.gif
Old 08-05-2003, 05:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Philly

I had two gay men as neighbors. I got along well with both of them. They would come over and borrow tools from me, and we would make polite conversation. I am not a bigot but I am against gay marriage.

1. The gay life style violates nature. The main purpose for sexual activity in God's creation is procreation. Two women, two men just don't get it.
2. It violates the established norms that have been established by society for thousands of years.
3. It violates Biblical morality!

If gay folks want to participate in their gay activity I am not going to lead hate campaigns against them. However, I do not want them to force me to accept their life style which I believe it biologically wrong, and morally wrong. In a church I pastored many years ago one of our members had a daughter who was a military nurse, she had a companion throughout her military career who was also a military nurse, when they retired from the military they bought a house together and lived together. I was informed by family members they were lesbians. They would occassionally come to church when they visit their family. I believe they were good officers and nurses (one was colonel and the other a Lt Colonel). But, if the military had known or they had come out of the closet they wouldn't have been able to finish their military careers. I am absolutely certain that folks must have had their suspicions but no one ever filed a complaint. I can I handle that but to flaunt that which I believe isn't normal makes me angry.
Allowing folks to openly practice their gay lifestyle in the military would be disasterous for the military.

Keith
sendpm.gif
Old 08-05-2003, 07:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Keith and Philly -
That's the thing lately, it is so much constantly in the public face, every where one turns... people just aren't let to be what they want to be on the deal.

But, as I've been writing to Reeb, when it causes trouble in the services then that's a kind of trouble nobody wants or needs, now or ever.

Thanks for your views. Maybe someone with good sense in a position to prevent the marriages will see what we are talking about here.
sendpm.gif
Old 08-06-2003, 04:06 AM

Keith if I have a "choice" between mans law or God's law mans law is out, it isn't normal fact is fact.
razz
Old 08-06-2003, 05:30 PM

Hi Keith,

I agree with your commentary. I'm glad you shared your perspective as a Pastor and Veteran.

Personally, I think the whole Gay culture is getting way too bold with their sexuality. The message being spread to our youth is that it's okay to be Gay or Bisexual. Here in the San Jose area, it's a fad to sexually experiment with the same sex.

If one openly opposes the "Gay" way of life, one is accused of being homophobic.
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread