Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2004, 11:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1
Post Bush's National Guard/Vietnam veteran John Kerry

I thought I'd pass this along;

Maybe you wanted to know.

February 10, 2004

TONIGHT'S FOCUS: It's Tuesday, so that means a primary election somewhere, this time Virginia and Tennessee. And what about the questions hanging over President Bush's service in the National Guard? He will most likely face Vietnam veteran John Kerry. Will it still be an issue?

Two southern primaries tonight. John Kerry is expected to win at least one, if not both. If Wes Clark does poorly, this may be the end for him. Edwards and Dean have said they are going to stay in the race for the long haul. So we'll have the latest results tonight, and Chris Bury will talk to our correspondents out on the campaign on what is going on out there. At the same time, we want to look at the issue of military service. The issue of President Bush's time in the National Guard came up in the last campaign, but apparently didn't hurt him. It has resurfaced in the last couple of days. In a sign that the White House is taking this issue very seriously, it is rushing out documents today it says will support the President's contention that he fulfilled his service requirement. Will these documents put an end to the controversy? There may still be questions unresolved or questions that cannot be resolved. And it may not matter. People who have made up their minds about the President, either to support or oppose, will most likely believe what they want. John Kerry, in the meantime, is making much of his service in Vietnam. He is a decorated veteran, who spoke out strongly against the war when he came home. Does it matter if a candidate, or a President, served? In these difficult times, it's easy to make the argument that it would certainly help if that person, who would be responsible for ordering America's military into action, knows what he is asking them to do. Al Gore served in Vietnam, and that didn't seem to help him. John McCain, an authentic war hero, lost to George W. Bush who served in the National Guard during Vietnam. Now the role of the Guard has changed in recent years. Thousands of Guardsmen and women are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan today. But back during Vietnam, the Guard was seen by many as a way to avoid being sent to Southeast Asia. The bottom line: how much will this matter, if at all, to the voters? Correspondent Jim Wooten will report on this issue. So it should be another interesting night. I hope you'll join us. Leroy Sievers and the Nightline Staff
ABCNEWS Washington bureau
-----------
If you have questions or comments regarding this message or a recent "Nightline" broadcast, please do not hit reply; simply click on this target=_blank>link to send your message directly to the "Nightline" staff: Or log on to the new "Nightline" Message Board: target=_blank>http://boards.go.com/cgi/abcnews/req...room=nightline Chat with "Nightline" guests and find articles, transcripts and video excerpts on our Web site at: target=_blank>http://abcnews.go.com/Sections/Nightline/

Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2004, 01:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A question

Since there were some Army National Guard units that were federalized and some Army Reserve units sent to Vietnam, and since some of these units suffered casualties, I guess my John Kerry's rationalization we should go down to the Vietnam Memorial and scratch the names off the panels of those Guardsmen and Reservists who died in Vietnam. Kerry and his spokesfolks have created this pig of an issue about "serving the country," and now he's trying to dress it up; you can put about $5 worth of lipstick on a pig, but guess what, skippy, she's still a porker underneath. Kerry's going to find out that the oinker ain't his friend!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Doc.2/47

Travis-

Thanks for posting.Sent em an E-mail but couldn't get through on the other links.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:45 PM

Thumbs up Tonight 2/10/04, Bush gets his... Nat'l Guard;

SuperScout;

Maybe you'll get your answer!!!

Good afternoon.

The White House today released President Bush's military pay records in an effort to refute the charges that he didn't fulfill his duty as a member of the National Guard. Additional documents released by the White House show the actual days on which service was performed. But there are still many questions. In recent weeks, Bush's military record has come under fire by his Democratic rivals. Terry Moran will have more tonight from the White House.
target=_blank>http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/...0210_1198.html In Iraq, a suicide bomber blew up a truckload of explosives outside a police station south of Baghdad in what's considered the third deadliest bombing there. At least 50 people were killed and many others injured, including Iraqis lined up outside to apply for jobs. Iraqi police had to fire weapons in the air to calm the crowds who blamed American troops for the blast. Neal Karlinsky will have the latest from Baghdad. Despite the violence, walking through the streets of Baghdad, there's evidence Iraqis are trying to return to normalcy. John Donvan shows us how Iraqis keep going while coping with the violent days.
target=_blank>http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040210_461.html During his life, Dr. Robert Atkins was no stranger to controversy. The founder of the protein-rich, low-carbohydrate "Atkins diet" is now coming under fire for allegedly being unhealthy himself. According to a medical examiner's report obtained by Atkins' critics, the doctor had a recorded history of a heart attack, congestive heart failure and hypertension. It also says the 6-foot-tall Atkins weighed 258 pounds at death, which would be considered obese. His widow, Veronica Atkins, is outraged at the claims, many of which she says are false and being used to discredit and even profit from Atkins' death. John McKenzie will take a closer look at this story tonight. We hope you'll join us.

Thought I'd throw this in. Why not???

P.S. Doc, Do you want me to try to send it or was the server too busy?

Travis

Old 02-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Doc.2/47

Naw.That's OK Trav.,but preciate the thought though.Reckon the E-mail was probably enough.When I tried that last link,it claimed there weren't no such place.Maybe they read the E-mail.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:25 PM

Doc;
OK. Those are the messages one usually gets if one doesn't regester with ones URL on one on one's, or something on that there order of one's on feelings there of where upon there one is... one on one!!!

Sorry about all the one's Doc... but this one's going over the edge one might say to one...

Travis

Old 02-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Doc.2/47

What the Hell
Is a URL?

Been over the edge for awhile now myself.
Ain't so bad.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:48 PM

Doc;
Any Website is considered a URL. Just a quick way of saying, Uniform Resource Locator.

Travis

Old 02-10-2004, 04:23 PM

Lightbulb Doc; I forgot;

Doc;fficeffice" />>>

I forgot to mention in the URL thing you were a askin? about when I answered your question about, "What the Hell >>

Is a URL?">>

>>

Being over the EDGE is really kinda great in my opinion also? Them there pill?s give me the pleasure of BEAUTIFUL dreams that I can wake up to and go back to and continue where I left off on any consecutive time/night/day I choose to continue said dream.

>>

One in particular dream I dream is being 21 again and that BEAUTIFUL not very good singer but HELL-of-a BUTT swinging blond haired sweet lookin? SHEESH? I forgot her name. I gotta? go back to sleep to get some further information there-OF? DAMN I must be getting? that alz thing.

>>

I?ll let you know what she did to my person when I find out? if I survive it?

Regards Doc? Pray for my return, PLEASE. I know it?s gotta be good.

>>

Regards,

Travis

Old 02-11-2004, 05:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bushes Service and a DD214??????

:cd: :cd: :cd:

Will somebody please explain the hoopla to me. There is something I don't understand. When I was separated from active duty, I was given a DD 214 form. It detailed my schools, test scores, dates and places of every place I served, my decorations, number of days on active duty etc. As a reservist did President Bush receive a DD214? If he did one piece of paper would have stopped all this cr@p. Mine specifically stated that I was separated from active duty and placed in the inactive reserves.

If any of you guys were full time reservists and then were discharged/retired, did you get a DD214??

Thanks,

Bill

King John 2.1.466