Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Welcome to the site rotorwash
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Doc.2/47

Welcome to the site and thank you for your service!

Tom and James are the best. Any friend of theirs(and I like to think that includes me)...needs to be watched. Closely. Luckily we've got Keith to attend to that function.

Drag up a crate and set a spell. Our bunker is your bunker. Maybe John'll pass around some herb an we'll take the notion to tell a tale or three.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up RW,

glad to see you finally made an appearance over here. Thanks for giving him a warm welcome, guys. Rotor and I have been friends on a Brit military site for almost a year now. After telling stories back and forth, we discovered it was a real possibility that I may have flown in his bird. I definately flew in his AHC's choppers. They were the one's that took us in for most of our CA's in the mountains of Duc Pho from APR67 to until I left in JUN67 while we were part of Task Force Oregon. James [1/327] would have been inserted by them, also. Ron [3rd Bde, 25th ID; later changed to 3rd Bde, 4th ID], you probably got hauled around by these guys, also. Their choppers had the shark's teeth on the nose.

RW, James and I humped some of the same ground around Duc Pho. He got to the 101st [A co, 1/327] in APR67, and was a line doggie with them until he volunteered for LRRPs in OCT67. He has been a personal friend of mine for about 4yrs.. Until recently, he lived just a few miles from me here in the Bay Area, and we hung out frequently. I helped him move into his Country Estate in Oregon earlier this summer. He and I, along with our other halves, returned to VN a little over 2yrs. ago. So I know what I'm talking about when I say that we're gonna have to listen to him for awhile when he reads your comment about liking his stories :re: .

Once again, I'm really glad to see you over here. I'm looking forward to enjoying somemore of your great story telling abilities here. I hope you decide to bring your posts from Military Images over here to be preserved, and to be enjoyed and learned from by everyone here.

Welcome, my friend.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Welcome aboard.

Glad to have you on board.

Keith

Thanks for taking care of Tom (Frisco) he's a fine gentleman.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:20 AM

Hi RW good to see you here
Old 08-21-2005, 06:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Soon to be a Major Motion Picture!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rotorwash
I really enjoyed the stories by James Worth.

Thanks folks.

Well dang RW, someone with your amazingly good sense and highly sophisticated and exquisite tastes is always welcome here, at least by me. I can just tell youre going to be a real asset to this sight and we're going to be good friends. If you havent got enough yet, just slip me the word and I'll make up some more
Like Tom (friscokid) you may have shuffled me around also, was in Duc Pho with the 101 (A co 1st Bn/327--the Abu's) from early May 67 toSep when when we moved up to Chu Lai. I joined the lrrps (E Co/20th Inf) in early Oct, 67 went to Recondo School in Nha trang the spent untill April '68 up along the Cambodian border in II Corps (altho took a few brief forays into other places)
So welcome to the site and I hope you keep coming back.
I'm only about halfway through with my life, and have finally got to the good part, so there'll be a lot more exciting stories to tell as time goes by!!
Stay good
James

PS the picture is me last time I was in Pleiku, 5/03
Old 08-21-2005, 06:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

When you can't think what to do, throw a grenade.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:23 AM

Thanks, folks for the kind words. We did our best to take care of all you smelly ol' grunts. Lookin' good, James, although Pleiku seems to have changed somewhat.

Better then a half months salary for the elephant bag. I got pretty disgusted and just started hollering, "What'l somebody give me for this?" the response was, "What is that ugly piece of crap?" When I told them, there was a mad rush. Thought about setting up a couple of Mama-sans in business sewing up a bunch, but it just didn't seem right. Must be a man thing.

I live on the southwest side of Raleigh and just outside the barbed wire of Chapel Hill. I teach high school just north of Fort Bragg so I can keep in touch with all the old hands.

Regards,

Rotorwash
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Seabee
Distinctions
Contributor 

RW, welcome aboard. I word of warning. If you go to the Church Meeting, stay away from the brownies, and close to Frisco since he is a known friend. If you see him with a brownie, hide untill morning.

Any day above ground is a good day
Old 08-30-2005, 04:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

RW
Frisco being the good guy that he is will let you have the brownie when he's done
Bob K

God bless the ACLU