Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2006, 08:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Amen to that.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM

Default 15th Med Bn 2010 Reunion

Its been quite a while since I have been on this forum go please forgive me it I'm replying to old stuff.

Hope folks can make it to Boise Idaho for the 2010 15th Medical Battalion Association Reunion, April 15-18.
Reunion Coordinator: Mike Smith 208-459-9592
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I haven't made up my mind yet. It's a money thing.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:24 PM

Default Reunion

I understand completely. We were not going for the same reasons but then God works in mysterious ways. Our youngest son who is currently working as a contractor in Saudi Arabia was home for a month just before Christmas. Hubby has a big snap on tool box sitting out in the shed which he rarely uses as he is retire now. Then the mysterious way occurred. He wanted to know how much it was going to cost to make the trip to Boise, air fare, rental car, hotel..... we gave him a figure and he said OK, Great I'll buy Dad's tool box for that price. So he and his wife are financing the trip for us. Kids never cease to amaze me. He will be needing a tool box when he finishes working in Saudi. Know of any job openings in the states for Air Craft Mechanics? He's got his AP License and 9 years of Air Force training behind him on F-15s.

If you make it to the reunion, make sure you hunt us up and say hi...
Old 02-18-2010, 04:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

DB...there is a private jet company in Savannah, Ga. that always seems to be hiring. Can't think of the name....but located near Savannah International Airport. They also hire civilian mechanics at the Marine Corps Air Station in Beaufort, SC. He's young so give him this info and he can do the research.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-27-2010, 02:57 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CAVCCO15MED View Post
I went to my first reunion ever with my old outfit, the 15th Med Bn in Reno, Nev. I'll add to this as I get along.
Did you get to go to Boise Idaho this year? If you did I'm sorry we missed you. Best reunion to date, but they just keep getting better. I'm not sure if you are on facebook but I have started a 15th med bn 1st cav group and hope you will take a look at it. I'm going to be working with several (if not all I can find) members of the first med, collecting their experiences for a possible book someday. I see the title being:
So That Others May Live: Vietnam through the eyse of Medevac. If you would like to participate or know some who would, the can email their stories to me at digitalbeautydesigns@citlink.net. I know this is asking guys to reach back to places they have probably put away and I respect that completely. But as you saw at the reunion you attended, once you know others are able to talk about, you find you can too. Names will not be included unless you specify or they can be changed if this becomes a book of memoirs. I think the American Public needs to see the real men behind the faces of the war. Thats what I hope to portray... how they felt, what a day in their lives was like, how they experienced missions.
Look forward to you contribution and please, let others know of this project. thank Doc
Old 04-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I didn't make it this year. I intend to go to Missouri next year, though. I would be interested to read some Medevac stories if Art Jacobs is any indication. I wasn't in Medevac myself, I was an x-ray tech in C Company.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:01 PM

Default 2010 Reunion

Sorry you missed this year's reunion It was fantastic. Yes Art Jacobs is an excellent example of the "super human" men of Medevac. It was a pleasure to see him again. Also got to meet Jerry Dick, who was the crew chief on one of Art's missions when they got shot down. Jerry took a .50 cal round to the back of his head just below his helmet. What a remarkable man.
You can view photos from the reunion on my webpage:
http://digitalbeautydesigns.blogspot.com/ Enjoy
We will see you in Branson next year.......
Old 08-20-2010, 06:22 PM

Default Medical Records Help

I was not in the 15th Medical Battalion, but I hope someone will help me.
I was with Co B 1/7.>>
> >
On or about March 10, 1967, I was injured, small injury, while on patrol outside of a LZ in the Bong Son area. I believe the LZ was LZ English, but not sure. I walked to the 15th Medical Battalion, I think Co B. I was x-rayed, a piece of shrapnel was removed, a dressing was put on, giving some pills, and I was sent back to my unit.>>
> >
Problem being is there are no medical records of the event in my Military files. Yes, I have them from St LouisI was treated by B Co 15th Medical Battalion in October 66 and the record is there.>>
> >
Did the Battalion keep information of whom and why someone was treated?>>
If so, what were those records called. Please tell me what information/records I should search/ask for.>>
> >
Sincerely,>>
David Polley>>
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

An admission log was kept by the medical companies. I haven't thought about them since being in Vietnam. I know the company morning reports and other documents are in Bethesda, Maryland but I don't know if that includes these logs. Another possibility is your own company morning reports from Bethesda. They did have to report casualties daily. If you wish to go the Bethesda route, you have to go there and look them up yourself. It has been done by others. Another possibility is to hire a professional researcher. Here is a web site to finding one: http://www.archives.gov/research/hir.../military.html