The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2003, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Frig Convention

?One nation under God indeed??

With the sacred essence of God being ripped from the fabric of Americana on a daily basis, and having lost more soldiers after the ?Second War in Iraq? was declared won, than during the initial action, while at the same time - ?most politicians are still attempting to convince us as to how much they have done for us?, the only words that comes to my mind is ?LIARS & HYPOCRITES!?

"Are we in the midst of a reaffirmation of the Separation of Church and State, or is this an attempt to divorce the state from God altogether?"

?The cornerstone of what makes humanity human (TEN COMMANDMENTS) has been expunged from that Alabama courthouse (and it won?t stop there either)! Also, the ?Name of God? is being erased from nearly every public corner of society, and the only sure thing being promised (and delivered upon) to the American people these days is (nearly) ?Eternal Warfare?, invoking one catalyst and international villain or another!?

Granted, Daddy Bush was never more popular than when he was kicking Saddam?s ass the first time around, but alas (as even Georgie Patton learned years earlier), memories of victory quickly fade, especially when one hands away most of what was won or accomplished! The solution to some - ?Stay At War Infinitum?!? Of course it has to be a series of quick, relatively painless, socially acceptable, and financially/politically rewarding conflicts - drum beaters all!!

Unfortunately, wars are rarely sanitary and they are always costly, as is evident from the fact that we are still losing American kids to ambush and battle daily! One must also add to this the fact that a politician's personal image has no place on the battlefield (opinion), and you may arrive at the conclusion that - ?If war is the only donation to a nation?s success that a leader can offer, then that individual is sorely lacking, regardless of political affiliation!?

Granted, on the home front, most economic despair usually rights itself (eventually). And those who are quick to pass the buck of failure, are first in line to claim success as their very own, regardless of who it really belongs to!! It is, however, ?my personal opinion? that like ?Love For The Sake Of Love Alone?, far too many will adhere to party orders and party line, no matter the consequences to our nation as a whole!?

If a man (or woman) is dedicated to this nation and (all) of it?s people equally, and if that individual is efficient in all areas that go into the running of said nation, then that is the individual that I will back!!

If, however, that person has political tunnel vision, is self-deifying, or knows but one way to rigidly perform, then he (or she) loses my support, regardless of what others may think!

As a truly independent cuss, I am not referring to any particular individual (or vassal group) herein, but if the shoe fits?!

VERITAS
Old 08-27-2003, 09:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

HC -
question to you...

When you place quotation marks around certain passages in your posts, is that because someone ELSE said those words, or for some other reason?

I always read what you write carefully, and this is something I need to know, if you'd want to explain how you use that device.

I sometimes use it to express irony or sarcasm, but that doesn't seem to fit with how you are using it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

FRIEND BLUEHAWK et al

Not being a literate cuss, I often am grammatically challenged!

And for the record, I utilize quotation marks, not only to quote another, but also to enunciate that which I feel to be important, at least to me!

Granted, I will never become a "Harvard English Professor", but I do manage (as Patton once said) to (usually) get my point across!! For you see, I write for content, if not to attain an 'A+' in linguistics!! As such, if I manage to shatter a writing rule or two in the process - "SO BE IT!" (Oops, there go those G-Damned quotation marks again!!)

"Hey, and I sometimes swear like hell too!!!" (LOL)

VERITAS
Old 08-27-2003, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

HC -

I got it now, thanks... jus' wanted to make sure. It ends up kinda mattering as to the meaning intended.

I did real well in English Lit, but barely survived English grammar myself... I still have NO idea how to diagram a sentence or, usually, what the "parts of speech" actually are or why they exist. Guess you and me learned it on the fly...

Seems to be working fairly well, thusfar!
Old 08-27-2003, 11:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

Dear Fellow Dummy ,

First-off, I see absolutely nothing wrong with putting common street terms or words bandied about by whomever on television or from wherever as quotes. I feel (rightly or wrongly) that's a more honest way of writing, since the reader automatically knows that I heard same somewhere else, and I don't take full credit for the catchy (or not) phrase.

Though, and in fairness, I must admit quoting myself more than a few times. Hey my Friend, if it's a good quote,...why-the-hell-not?

Regardless, and since you're going through a Corrective Period, I feel it my duty to correct your: "LIARS & HYPOCRITS" quote. "It" is just to mellow for my taste and doesn't TRULY tell the whole story about The Lordly Ones.

Thusly, and in the future I would suggest (Hey-it's only a suggestion) that you re-phrase such to read: "Self/Clique-Serving (ABOVE ALL ELSE) LIARS & HYPOCRITS", since much more accurate. Granted, such covers most career politicos, pundits and/or zealots and ONLY ONES with a TRUE VOICE in America. But,...SO WHAT?

Furthermore, and since you're such a nice guy, I give you personal permission to use my most favorite and most used quote (naturally quoting myself). Such in lieu of: "We The People" being; "We The (Schnooks)". Please use it in good health Me Bucko and/or Fellow Privateer. Besides, and regarding the vast majority of Americans and/or: "The UN-Connected",..."We The (Schnooks)" is about as accurate a definition as it gets for We non-Royals and/or NOT policies, rules, regulations and law-makers.

Hope my correction didn't bore you.

Neil
Old 08-27-2003, 05:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Recon and Blue-

Just continue to give them all hell, no matter how it comes out!

VERITAS
Old 08-27-2003, 08:18 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

HC -
Probably we're runnin' out of other choices...