The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Other Conflicts > Cold War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2020, 07:53 AM

Post Russia casts doubt on Trump's Mideast peace plan, says it violates UN resolutions

Russia casts doubt on Trump's Mideast peace plan, says it violates UN resolutions
By: Reuters & Ynet News - 02-02-20
Re: https://www.ynetnews.com/article/DKE7THM3E

Kremlin official says with hostile reaction of Palestinians and Arab states to blueprint put together by White House and hailed by president as 'Deal of the Century' leads Moscow to 'make one think about its feasibility'

The Middle East peace plan presented last week by U.S. President Donald Trump contravenes several United Nations resolutions, Russian news agencies cited a Kremlin spokesman as saying on Sunday, questioning the plan's feasibility.

The Palestinian Authority has cut all ties with the United States and Israel, including those relating to security, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Saturday. The PA accused the White House of completely disregarding Palestinian demands in drafting the plan.

"We see the reaction from the Palestinians, we see the reaction of a wide range of Arab states which have sided with the Palestinians in rejecting the plan. This, obviously, makes one think about its feasibility," Dmitry Peskov was quoted as saying.

Abbas made the announcement while in Cairo to address an emergency meeting of the Arab League, which backed the Palestinians in their opposition to Trump's plan.

"We've informed the Israeli side ... that there will be no relations at all with them and the United States including security ties," Abbas told the one-day emergency meeting.

Abbas also said he had refused to discuss the plan by with Trump by phone, or to receive even a copy of it to study it.

"Trump asked that I speak to him by phone but I said 'no', and that he wants to send me a letter ... but I refused it," he said.

Abbas said he did not want Trump to be able to say that he, Abbas, had been consulted.
He reiterated his "complete" rejection of the Trump plan, presented on Tuesday. "I will not have it recorded in my history that I sold Jerusalem," he said.

The U.S. blueprint, endorsed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, calls for the creation of a demilitarized Palestinian state that excludes Israel's West Bank settlements and is under near-total Israeli security control.

Israeli officials had no immediate comment on his remarks.

Israel and the Palestinian Authority's security forces have long cooperated in policing areas of the West Bank that are under Palestinian control.

The PA also has intelligence cooperation agreements with the CIA, which continued even after the Palestinians began boycotting the Trump administration's peace efforts in 2017.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links