The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2003, 02:31 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question DEATH v EMBARASSMENT v DEJA VU?

AP has just blasted more holes in (at least) one state-run veteran facility, this time in Barstow, California!! As a matter of fact, a $100,000 fine was just levied against that facility - and ?It Wasn?t The First Time Either!!? As a result of recent problems, it was reported that the home?s (Barstow) skilled nursing ward would be closed down!

It seems that the nursing staff at this facility failed to treat an 80 year old vet for a twisted hernia. This in turn, led to infection and gangrene and ultimately to death! And of course, it is worthy of note to mention that this facility, according to the media, has been plagued with allegations of ongoing, poor medical care?!

Gee, haven?t I read (a few dozen times at least) where other VA facilities have faced the very same (or similar) charges? And has the penalties for these atrocities ever even come close to the pain, suffering and death caused at these facilities? (Opinion & Question?) Hell, I have filed charges myself in the past (for all the good they did?), and even have a current case going along these lines (more or less)!?

As I said above, this particular veterans home had been slammed before. Earlier this month, the same home got banged for a $95,000 fine for failing to monitor the medication of yet another veteran, and he also expired.

Now who do you suppose will end up paying for these fines and any other legal ramifications that arise? (Guess Who?) Not only that, but if this case(s) holds true to form, it will be the poor sick or dead vet, and his family, who will be made to look like shit by the legal departments of the culprit facilities!! (opinion)

To add further insult to misery, the article went on to say that these (and other) incidents have become a repeated source of embarrassment to the State?s Governor!? Well you will excuse me Sir, but I am sure that embarrassment is a minor thing to suffer when compared to the heartbreak, pain, expense, ridicule, record destruction and alterations, and yes, even ?DEATH?, that has so often been the price paid by many a trusting veteran at the hands of a sometimes money-motivated, callous and self-protecting system! (opinion)

In no way am I chastising the entire Veteran?s Administration System, but there sure as hell has been numerous reports over the years of shoddy care, the unwarranted deaths, and the lasting pain and expense that has resulted - ?JUST ASK ME!!?

?I certainly hope and pray that incidents like these do not plague the veterans who may soon be returning wounded from Gulf War II!?

?GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL THOSE WHO KEEP HER FREE!!?

VERITAS
Old 03-29-2003, 03:52 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

The irony of it all, is that fixing the poor guys problem would have cost infinitely less than $100,000.

Another irony regarding this and the other fines levied for shoddy (or none) medical delivery,...is guess who pays for these fines?
You got that right Buddy. YOU, ME, and all the other Schnook Taxpayers.

Neil

P.S. Just who-the-hell gets to use and enjoy such fines?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote