The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Catholic Priest

i don't think the American public should let this die. There were more than 500 cases that the Catholic church paid off, The bishups defended-transfered priest, The pope said that the church is doing all they can to retify the situation and we have to move on,
The cop hd information that child abuse had taken place, Child protective services had information.
Why arn't any of these people in jail, The pope-cops-priest-bishops-CPS all should have cells next to each other.

Then there is the media, where are the hounding media people and the investigative reporters.

500 kids,

500 kids.

did you hear that,, 500 kids

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2004, 04:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

I'm not a Catholic. I always wondered why someone like a Priest or a Nun would give up sex to listen to peoples most guarded secretes. Then you hear about Priest using their Devinne power as it is to gain sexual fantasies from our children. I'm still wanting to hear how the Nuns took care of their GOD given urges for sexual favors taken care of.

Regards,
Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Back to the front with ya

I just can't let those 500 kids not have a voice. Small as it is, its sill a voice.

Ron
Old 01-17-2004, 03:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Angry What happened.

The institution becomes more important than individuals. Priests are taught and so are good Catholics: you must protect the Church and its image at all costs. People and even the clergy themselves must sacrifice for the church. Catholics believe Salvation comes through the Church and not necessarily through God or Jesus. (The Catholic Church has pretty good doctrine, some things are messed up in their doctrine.) So the Church and its power and image must be protected at all costs. Once you understand this fact then you can understand why the Catholic Church behaves the way it has in the past and even now.

You tell the parents keep it all quiet. You ship priests on from place to place, because the image of the church must be protected. Of course since the church is the way of Salvation you do what you are told. Bad decisions by the hierarchy always involve cover-up to protect the institution.

The truth and dealing with bad priests, would be best but it might ruin the image of the church. Now we are in the information age. Cover-up is more difficult. The Catholic church, at least in the USA, is having to deal with its sin. And we as Protestants have know for a long time that the corruption in Catholic church means that it can't be God's way to Salvation, but that Salvation comes from God and not through an institution.

Ron,

Being in the fire department you can maybe understand some of the cover-up that goes on to protect the image of the institution. Every mistake made during a medic or a fire call isn't exposed to the public. None of us like to expose our dirty laundry to public scrutiny, and I don't think it is wise to always expose our dirty laundry but when it involves the lives of children or safety of others sometimes we have to it. Also, institutions should take care of their problems, not just ship them around from place to place. If you have a bad fireman, I hope he gets fired and not shipped from one fire hall to the next. But, you don't go to the press and say we have a bad fireman, but you deal with the situation. The Catholic church ships them around rather than deal with the situation.

Travis,
Catholic Priests and Catholic nuns have the normal urges we all have.
Catholic Priests have an extremely high alcoholic rate, something has to cover for those urges. Many Catholic priests have discreet affairs, why do you think Catholic nuns were so abusive to Children in their care, many aren't virgins but just pretending.

Now having said that. The Catholic Church has many fine priests and nuns who are striving to serve God to the Best of their abilities, and for those we must be grateful. The Catholic Church needs to take a close look at itself and reorganize and try to correct its faults in the light of modern research and recent exposures.

Keith
Old 01-18-2004, 03:16 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Kieth

I don't care if the church covers up some crime, I do care that if the police know about it and take no action, just because they are priest.
Covering up goof-ups is ok in the fire service or anywhere , I would never cover up something that broke the law where children were hurt. Not the same.
But for some catholic cop not to arrest or investigate a crim because he is catholic and wouldn't want to do anything against the church, Well, that cop should be right next to the priest in the same cell.
When it comes between protecting the catholic church and protecting kids, the church can just fall off a cliff as far as Im conscerned.
This should never go away,

list all the priest that have been accused,
Investiate the charge,
If the statute of limitation has run out, so, don't prosicute, but put there name out in the public and watch them.
These guys are just animals praying on the inocent.
A public Be-heading would work.

Ron
Old 01-18-2004, 04:39 AM

Ron,

If the Cops do their duty, like most do, and turn over all the incriminating evidence to the DA, then whose fault would it be?

An Elected Official.

Last I heard a cop is not voted for, unless its for Sherriff.

The courts is where we lack the decency to follow through with the charges brought up by the Officers.

Just my thought....

enough........
Old 01-18-2004, 06:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

As a once upon a time Catholic I concur with Keith about the RC institution being the core of focus and the individual parishioner as being more or less irrelevant and sometimes victim. It was my impression as a youthful Catholic that obedience and servility to the institution was the ball game, the rest didn?t matter. So, that is the aggressive part of my thought.
It is my understanding that the Boston Archdiocese is selling property and taking on long term debt to pay off the $90 million in judgments to past victims. It is also my understanding that two former Mass. Priests went to prison and one was killed by a fellow inmate. The long term debt will no doubt become the burden of Boston Parishioners which plays two messages to me. The first message is that once again the institution holds the faithful accountable for Church mismanagement and criminal activities. The second message is that the Vatican isn?t signing up for any civil trial financial damages from any Archdiocese. Those are heavy messages that are probably reverberating across US RC institutions and their respective parishioners. Bottom line from the Vatican: Ya?ll are on your own except what we dictate and the faithful pay the bills, regardless.

On a more positive note it my distinct understanding that the faithful of the RC Church have really dug in, are outraged, and it is unlikely any Priest or higher up is going to have their way with children anymore. And if they do, it is going to be the devil to pay for certain, period.

On a really scary note the organization that was co-founded by one of the imprisoned former Priests; North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA), is now being represented and defended by the ACLU. Never mind that little boys are being rape sodomized, we got to look after the perps right of free expression I suppose. I call this situation just plane ugly and hideous. My thought is to just throw a net over the whole NAMBLA mob, weight it with pig iron ingots; the more the better, and pitch their slime-ball asses into the Atlantic and be done with it. Let the the sea critters sort them out.

Scamp
Old 01-18-2004, 07:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Ron,

Ron,
I totally agree with you! But, that is the mentality behind all this cover up. If you lived in a city, lets say Boston with its large Catholic population, the Catholic church can do almost anything it wants. The cover up is a lot worse in strong Catholic areas. You hush up a mistake during a medic run or fire was probably an honest mistake. But, these activities of those sicko priests was planned and that is a difference also.
But as Scamp pointed out, its the institution. We must never do any harm or preceived harm to the institution. The Church must march on. Even little children must sacrifice for the image of the Church. Just trying to show how such an attitude develops.

It is sad how much the Catholic Church and I also know that the Same thing has happened in many Protestant Churches this type of cover-up to protect the imagine of the institution. It happens and it happens all the time. It's the same reason why Uncle "Joe" the family pervert is allowed to continue to molest children with the family structure and nobody does or says anything about it, protect the family image, it would embarrass the family. Probably more little boys have suffered by family members and gone unreported than by the Church. But its the same thing.

Keith
Old 01-18-2004, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy

KEITH et al

Quote:

The institution becomes more important than individuals.
Unfortunately, such has become the case in far too many incidents that stretch broadly across our society!

VERITAS
Old 01-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default People

The catholic church can just go to hell as far as im concerned.
The guy that went to prison and got killed, got what he deserved and the prisoners saved us taxpayers money.
The cops that didn't follow up are guilty, The DA's that didn't follow up are gulty, The media is guilty for not putting faces on the acused priest, Just like they do every night when someone is acused of a crim, LET SEE HIM.

Kieth, Take action.

Ron