The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2002, 07:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Holy Hell Batman

?HOLY HELL BATMAN?

Is it ?Preventive War? or what amounts to an ?International Ultimatum?!?

A national news service has just aired a electrifying piece, that if true, could transform us into the very thing that we have fought against since our inception as a nation. Either that, or scare the ?bejesus? out of our (so-called) international friends and enemies alike! ?Do I
see a capped crusader galloping over yon hill??

As the planet?s sole (real) super power, if you don?t count those maniacal little bergs that are screwing around with chemical, biological and atomic oblivion, our President has all but put the world on notice that we are prepared, if needs must, to blow away any and all who endanger world peace and security! (WOW!)

In a daring move, be it only verbal to this point, Mr. Bush has shed some 56 years of ?United Nations Spawned - Diplomatic Procrastination and Prevarication!? In other words, President Bush has openly declared war upon all international bad guys, and called the UN by it?s given name - ?A JOKE!?

My biggest concern, however, is that this ?Neo - Don?t Tred On Me-ism? also has a danger of being turned inward against certain civil liberties and inalienable rights!? ?God, I hope that I am wrong, but have you ever tried to stop a juggernaut on the roll?!? Of course, this can not possibly happen here in the United States, as it did in Europe in the years that directly preceded the fourth decade of the twentieth century?

?Carry a big stick yes, but tred carefully when dealing with the domestic reach and constitutional damage created by that stick!? All too often in world history, have the innocent also been caught up in the heated tempests of the times!! Did someone mention ?Joseph McCarthy? here, or is that just ?Der Vaderland Security? that is rumbling across the winds!

It is a given fact that there are those in the world today who would see us expire, and these beasts must be dealt with harshly. But it is also a fact, that there is many a true patriot who has been made to needlessly suffer right along with the guilty, especially when caught-up in a carte-blanch witch-hunt or unwitting medical experimentation!

?Granted, something must be done to defeat terrorism and the other enemies of humanity, but what rights will also be devoured by a voracious machine in order to keep it well greased? Most rights here in America have been paid for time and time again, through blood, sweat and tears, and sacrifice is usually necessary in times of turmoil. But all too often, unfortunately, a hard-earned right surrendered is often a right never again regained! [Unfortunately but true]

VERITAS :cd: