The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2003, 08:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortdawg
Lightbulb Soldier Needs Help

Can anyone help out my Desert Storm Dawg? He has been having problems since the war. He has tried to get help from the VA but they deny he was even there. I know he was there I was with him. He is a good guy and would always have my back. Yeah, he has made a few mistakes but he still deserves fair treatment. If anyone could help him out or let me know how i could help him out it would be greatly appreciated. He lives in Columbus GA, and I live in PA so it is difficult for us to get together for me to help him. Soldier Down! :cd:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2003, 08:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Dawg...

...you don't say too much of his "problems" so one can only guess it's possibly both physical, and mental...

...The hidden problems of GWS has affected many from what I understand, and he has to go "register" with the VA, but you also mention a problem of "proof of him being there", that shouldn't be a problem by unit number etc...

...If it's within himself, then he himself has to take the first step in realizing there is a problem, and he has to do the "walk in", and if you were there, you could walk in with him, but your not, I'm sure he knows your there in spirit, and/or maybe one of the southern brothers can guide him to the right place with a name he could be confident in talking to the first time, it ain't easy going in cold, and sometimes the last straw has already broken the camels back, but thats when healing starts...

...keep him movin', we're here...

..."C"...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 01:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Shortdawg

Seatjearker thanks Man.
I keep encouraging him but It is almost as if I need to take a trip to GA and literally push him through the doors. He gets really frustrated with all the damn bureaucracy. It doesn't help that we were Regular Army and we aren't getting any cooperation from the National Guard Unit we got attached to. They say that they don't have any rosters or documentation. One of these days I will be able to make it down there but I hope it is not too late.
Out