The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2003, 06:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Majority In Baghdad Say War Worth It

The war in Iraq has been worth the hardship, according to those who have lived through both. Despite continued violence and few basic amenities, 62 percent of Baghdad residents believe the ousting of Saddam Hussein justified "any hardships they might have personally suffered," according to a Gallup poll released yesterday. Gallup went to the source, conducting face to face, 70 minute private interviews with more than 1,000 eager respondents in their homes three weeks ago. The cooperation rate was more than 97 percent, Gallup said, categorizing the poll as "the first rigorous and scientifically conducted sampling of public sentiment in Iraq." The numbers also revealed growing hope and confidence among Baghdad residents, though almost all felt their city had become more dangerous in recent months.
More...

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...2912-4233r.htm','news',700,400,'TR',0,5,0,'resizable=yes,scrollb ars

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links