Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2021, 05:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Abusing An Act Of Kindness

2-25-2021

(personal opinions)

Selling the names of those relatively poor families who dug deeply as an act of kindness and compassion to assist others in need, is sad enough! But when one’s mail box is flooded daily by people who are seeking to put the bite upon far less financially gifted others, and this to finance their already affluent life styles, or as (so called administrative costs) should be a crime?

Now add to this the fact that a few of these hucksters (opinion) now also seek to dictate the amount of money that they expect as a charity donation, and even though legal in content, then this practice begins to smell to high heavens – “IN MY OPINION?”

When one, out of the kindness of their heart, donates to what they feel to be a worthy cause, this does not (again in my own opinion) grant the right for all to engage in a feeding frenzy, as I believe that like religion itself, charitable giving is an individual choice and not a license to jump right in and devoir the trusting and the caring!

And as far as all of these (so called) contests are concerned, the names of those who lovingly gave to causes that they believed in, should not be sold, or even shared, with each and every ambitious character out there, as this (again in my opinion) defeats the whole purpose behind the spirit of freely and lovingly giving to begin with!

And these so-called administrative costs that eat-up a goodly portion of some charitable donations may also merit some additional scrutiny!?

Hardcore
Old 02-26-2021, 04:44 AM

Unhappy What gets me is the constant request from political folks

Every day I must get fifteen to twenty request from both sides of the political system including those asking for donations? Here we all are nearly all living by the skin of our teeth - and they want donations!? It's amazing they are spending their own money on these request for donations on political issues?

These politicians have deep pockets - they don't need our money - what they need to do is spend their own money - on issues of their interest or those they are trying to pacify.

It's bad enough the economy is tanking - but all this advertising is expensive - and whose paying for that - it sure as hell isn't me?

This is pretty sad when you've taken most of our money and don't spend any of yours. - Somethings wrong with this picture!
-

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote