The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 05:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Lesbian Lifestyle

What, exacraly, IS a "lesbian lifestyle"?

sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2004, 12:14 AM

Default Welcome to the Women's Forum!!

Hi Blue, and thanks for asking a question that, in these days and times, might be considered to be "walking on eggshells". I can only offer my own perspective on your question but am pleased to do so if it will open a few windows, build a few bridges of understanding and dispel some of the myths and fallacies.

What you are asking is a sort of broad area, so if you could be a little more specific about what you'd like to know, I'd be more than happy to try to answer what I can, even if it's only just from my own perspective.

Again, welcome and thanks for giving an ear and opening up the lines of communication and understanding!!!! This is where it all starts!!!

Peace.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2004, 01:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well, not being an expert in the field from personal experience maybe we could start with handling the notion of

-IS there such a thing as a lesbian lifestyle? I mean, IS there a way of life that is ONLY lesbian?

I know some people believe that to be lesbian is to have CHOSEN to be, sorta like whether to have that second and fifth whiskey in a saloon. Others I hear, though understand far less clearly, say it is a genetic chemistry deal that a person cannot avoid... kinda like having blue eyes or red hair. So, I'm inclined to imagine that it is maybe one cause for some and another for someone else?

-Then you read about folks who have lived 50 years without being a lesbian, and suddenly they are one day, drop their marriages and head out. Or, you also read (and see, like on "60 Minutes" and what not) about people who were once a lesbian and then WHAM, the whole deal gets turned backwards. When that happens, are they STILL a lesbian?

-Then you hear about people who go BOTH ways, fer heaven sake... what in the world is THAT about?

-Then the Christian folks who take their Bible seriously, always point to certain scriptures which are said to condemn the ones who do this. I never could figure that one out, because if one does take Bible literally each and every time one reads from it, then it's a wonder there is any human life left on earth... the Bible (and the Qu'ran for that matter) is a really violent paternalistic dictatorial document in a lot of places, and just the book of Corinthians alone would cast out practically ALL men or women from ANY kind of paradise if their sexual/marital histories were to be judged accordingly! So rare few of us have kept to or clung to just THE ONE partner ALL of our lives, and marriage has become serial monogamy for the most part nowadays... it would seem fairly futile to even attempt adhering to Corinthians, much less to get all worked up about having violated it. Add on top of that the Evangelicals, a good many of whom are preparing themselves for Judgement Day which they insist is just around the corner... well, it gets dicey if anybody IS paying attention to the contradictions.

-So, if it were NOT being forced to be a political as well as a moral issue, then it wouldn't much matter, right? But folks trot out Falwell and Reed (or N.O.W. etc.) again, and call into question one's patriotism if anybody even hints that a little tolerance would come in handy... and the lesbians are doing what, at that point? Agitating and pouring pepper in the eyes of their known and sworn enemies? That conduct doesn't seem to be too smart either!

So, there's a starter.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2004, 04:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

A lesbian lifestyle is when some bitch, after 11 years of marriage to a really great guy (like me, for example), decides to swing from the other side of the plate full time, then abandons her car (still in that great guy's name) in the driveway saying she can't afford to make payments forcing that same great guy to work 70-80 hours a week in a vain attempt to pay his bills, thereby ruining his credit rating for 7 years. That is at least one lesbian lifestyle.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:56 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Rev -

Well sir, that pretty well does say it about the lifestyle part

Same time, I am sorry that happened to ya... Years and years ago when my eldest daughter was around 8th grade, I kept teasing her about boys, as many a father does. After awhile I received a letter, mind you, announcing to me that it was her wish I should cease speaking about males to her since it was her avowed selection to be with the wimmens.

She'll be gettin' wed to a real fine young man (Squid vet) come this May. Hope she don't switch off on him come one of these days
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

This is a military forum, not a gay and lesbian forum.
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread