The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2018, 06:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post Integrity Always Comes At A Price

4-23-2018

“Nearly 20 years ago, I learned the hard way that integrity always comes at a price, especially in politics, and that no political party, or candidate for public office, is ever squeaky-clean!”

Case In Point: I had been on fairly decent terms with one political party for some years, but there came a time when I was forced to shift my support because that party was running an individual for a public office who I felt was grossly under qualified. My major concern, after all was said and done, was for the people of our nation themselves (Shame on me)! “As such, I was gifted with my first real lessons on the use (or is that abuse) of political power!”

My half-way proficient writing abilities did manage to get the person that I backed elected and shortly thereafter, that person ended up in jail on an assortment of serious charges! It must be noted however, that the guy that I backed was a former combat vet (a sergeant I believe), where as the gent that he ran against had no experience or abilities that I could detect (opinion)!

It would appear that some of these “Purely Political Types” could care less who they run for office, or even their lack of qualifications, just so long as their vested candidate captures that office, which means that no matter how you cut it, the people themselves occasionally end up holding a crappy stick! And to think that all of that time, I erroneously believed that the major concern in politics was the welfare of our nation and her honorable people and not party politics alone?

Hardcore
Old 04-24-2018, 06:00 AM

Arrow Hmmm

HC - Don't feel bad - I think we've all been where you have been on these issues. As Forest Mother told him you never know what's in a box of chocolate? I would say we've all flipped one way or the other only to find out our gut feeling was the better choice many times in the past.

Plenty of forks in the road and most of the time (and often times potholes) which one takes you forward or which one that drives you off the road? Hmmm disappointments in life are everywhere and "we" being as people - have a tendency to error - which they then say makes us human!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote