The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2003, 08:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Posers

I was just at another web site, a place where many of you fine people came here from, and after reading for thirty or so minutes am completely and throughly discussed. Can anyone tell me why there are so many posers and phony vets around the web? I can honestly not understand why anyone would ever fake going through all the shit and corruption that we all had to endure.

The fake medals, false wounds, and missions that they dream up is all too much for me to handle. At first i found myself getting madder and madder as I read, and than a sense of sorrow overcame me. Why would anyone want to lie about being in those places and doing the things that we had to do. I wish there was some way to make these idiots look at the faces of the little kids that chase the convoys or sit in the sand without emotion. i wish they could look inside our thoughts and dreams and see just once what we see at night. To look at there teenage son and pray to God that they do not re institute the draft. To look at there youngest who was born after desert storm and wonder if GWS will come creeping into her life. I pity these people and wish that God would set them straight.

Thanks for listening,
Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2003, 08:47 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

After re-reading this, it came to my attention that some may think i am accusing people on here to be posers, that was not my intent. I was referring only to the site that many of you left to come to this site. I hope i did not offend anyone.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Travis,
Seems to me that if it were to offend somebody it would onliest be those that the shoe fit and I don't know of any Kules here and have only seen very few wannabees here and it didn't take long before they realized that they weren't welcome and went and found some other prey.
P.S. Thanx fer keepin' that white stuff up north where it belongs.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:36 AM

come on John you don't like the white stuff we had about 1/2 in of ice but it all most gone today .
razz
Old 02-18-2003, 05:28 AM

Default Wannabees

Catman,

I made the dire mistake of calling someone a "wannabee" on another site about a year and half ago.

I am sorry to this date that I did, cause this guy is real and we get along now.

I just want you to know that there are ALOT on these sites, and you havent hurt anyones feelings except for the wannabees.

A real good man, still on this site, jumped my "hinney" from word go when he read my post on the other site. I thank him for setting me straight and also the guy I was putting down.

This particular site is for anyone ( the way I understand it), and if they want to get on here and make their "wannabee" known, let them, they will be caught. Dont take long. But you can also get one hell of a laugh every once in awhile just by reading what they have to say.

BTW, you didnt offend me, and alot of others, cause we know where and when and why we were there.

enough..........
Old 02-18-2003, 05:44 AM

Travis,

Take heart we are better off with them gone then to worry why they came on to begin with.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 02-18-2003, 07:21 AM

Don't feel too bad about it Catman. I was just over to Veterans.com and there's a former marine (?) who seems to think that I'm a poser. Seems he took offense at some comments I made to a certain "SgtGhost" who was a certifiable wannabee. Since I have deleted my profile over at THC (a totally worthless site that doesn't bother to moderate any of the boards any more) in preparation to a total bailout of that cesspool, I must appear to this guy to be a poser. Frankly, I could care less. We all bailed out over there to come over here where the likes of "KULE" wouldn't get a chance to give us "Wedgies". You won't see any of that "Wannabee" BS over here. "Real Deals" are proud to have served as Cooks, Truck Drivers, Grunts or Mail Clerks and don't feel the need to embellish. Some of the guys here were in "High Speed" units but don't advertize it and don't belittle anyone else for how they served. As long as someone served honorably, the're good to go here, no matter what their status was.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I remember when Kule called me

I remember when Kule called me a wannabee. I took it as a compliment! Knowing who made the accusation. Anyway I remember how each and everyone of you came to my defense. It was greatly appreciated.

Wannabees,
Sad miserable people who don't have a life of their own. They have done nothing of significance that will make their friends and neighbors proud of them. So, they invent a life and pretend to be someone which they aren't because they are ashamed of their own existance. Some real sickos get into so much they begin to believe their fantasies. Sad sick people.

Keith
Old 02-18-2003, 08:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by colmurph Don't feel too bad about it Catman. I was just over to Veterans.com and there's a former marine (?) who seems to think that I'm a poser. Seems he took offense at some comments I made to a certain "SgtGhost" who was a certifiable wannabee. Since I have deleted my profile over at THC (a totally worthless site that doesn't bother to moderate any of the boards any more) in preparation to a total bailout of that cesspool, I must appear to this guy to be a poser. Frankly, I could care less. We all bailed out over there to come over here where the likes of "KULE" wouldn't get a chance to give us "Wedgies". You won't see any of that "Wannabee" BS over here. "Real Deals" are proud to have served as Cooks, Truck Drivers, Grunts or Mail Clerks and don't feel the need to embellish. Some of the guys here were in "High Speed" units but don't advertize it and don't belittle anyone else for how they served. As long as someone served honorably, the're good to go here, no matter what their status was.
Col...I read that post and started to respond when a little phrase popped into mind "Me thinks thou protests too much" seems like that guy has accussed a lot of vets as being posers.

Anyway I am glad to have you and the others over here. Thanks and welcome home!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 02-18-2003, 09:45 AM

I gave up on THC too .

Send some of that white stuff. We are headed for another drought.

2/5 1st Mar Div