The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2004, 10:42 AM

Default my brother

Hey everyone just got some cruddy news so i do believe ill be venting,
My brother (the marine one) who never been sick in his life has a ulcer on his eye....i heard of ulcer's in your gut but not your eyes. My mom told me when i called her this weekend. I talk to my brother daily so it freaks me out that he never told me yet. Also my mom says hes on medicine now and if that doesnt work he is going to get a cornia transplant. That just freaks me out especially if he has to go for it there my mom and dad will go nuts. I dont know my brother never been sick in his life and the past two years hes been hit buy a drunk driver on base! got pnemonia in the philipines (but thats a family tradition my grandpa said) and now this. I wouldn't worry but we tell each other everything and i found out by my mom. I swear jar heads stubburn as mules! *hides from the rocks that all the marines on the site threw at me*
thanks for listening
Greg
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2004, 02:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just my IMHO, but an eye ulcer sounds like chemical / biological contamination...he needs to get this documented every which way but up and down, before he gets his discharge. It could cause blindness..this is very rare.....don't let him let this slide..might be a good idea to get a private eye doctor's diagnosis as well.. just remind him that he has the VA to deal with after he gets out of the Marines...

Larry
Old 03-28-2004, 03:39 PM

thank you mortardude
Old 03-29-2004, 03:16 PM

Ulcers can be caused by something as simple as a sliver of substance in your eye. Basically it is a sore that wont heal up on its own. I've even had a friend with an ulcer in his brain from not taking care of his diabetes. He learned his lesson after that.

As long as your brother takes care of the situation and the doctor gives him a good outlook he should heal up. But if he's as stubborn as you say and doesnt do what the Doc tells him then yeah, he could be in for a long drawn out process.

I'll say a prayer for him.
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-29-2004, 03:20 PM

thank you, i think his stuborness is scared with this. missing 80"% sight in an eye will do it.

greg
Old 03-29-2004, 03:27 PM

Ouch! Hopefully its not his shootin eye.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-30-2004, 05:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Yes, he could have gotten a sliver or glass or metal that would cause an injury like that, but he would would sure know what happened to cause it....

Larry