The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2005, 10:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Who In The Hell Am I?

Ladies & Gents Of This Forum-

Some time back, a very prominent politico (or rather members of his staff) asked me : "WHO IN THE HELL ARE YOU, OR BETTER YET - WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" Let me answer that question!

I am a nobody, no rank, no titles, no accolades, no medals, and most of all, and contrary to the remarks and beliefs of some connected types: I HAVE NO POLITICAL AMBITIONS! I do not give my opinions to impress, but rather just to opine!

In the past, I have noted that even in the inner sanctums of political intrigue, each of the participants are in a war with each other, jockeying for position, status, one-upasmanship, and the adoration of their so-called peers! They bark when ordered to do so, and usually only in the exact key that is indicated upon the script! "Team players one and all, but then, even the Devil has a team!!"

I do possess an Honorable Discharge, some advanced education, a pretty glib tongue, a dry sense of humor, and the ability and desire to say what is on my mind. The latter having caused me no end of grief on more than one occasion. And as an independent, I follow no set in stone political banner, but rather my own conscience!

I am no where near perfect, and have screwed up more than once. I have even unknowingly backed absolute cads, only later to learn that no matter whom I chose to back, he was the wrong man (or woman) for the position!

I have often reflected upon what I have done, and had I to do it again, nothing would have changed (above all, to thine own self be true, so to speak)!

I could have become more than I am now (a bum if you listen to a few), but again, if I own nothing else, I still own my soul (I THINK)?

So how many of you (honestly) would kiss ass, be a team player upon a team where everyone aspired to become the all-star at any cost, or abandon what you genuinely believed in for personal or career gain?

Standing by your beliefs, after all, is often very painful, rarely rewarding, oft-time dangerous, and maddening more often than not!

So who am I really - I am a nobody and that is what I will always remain, unless of course, you take into account that I am a free thinker, a patriot of sorts, an un-owned man, and most of all, an American. And with all of that going for me, what the Hell else do I need?

To quote myself (redundantly so), I am amazed at how so many ambitious bastards can risk an eternity in Hell for but a few years (as natural history goes) of fame, finance, peer acceptance, and cheap accolades in the form of human gratuities! "Damnation, after all, is eternal, and all of the Earthly connections, temporary power, self illusions, and pats on the back from holy-men who themselves may (?) end up in Hades, is not going to grant one salvation, an uncorrupted soul, or even a free pass in any potential afterlife!

"WHO AM I - I AM JUST ANOTHER LACKLUSTER BUM!"

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links