The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2004, 07:17 PM

Hey Guys,

Look closely at HB's picture of Grant. Look at his eyes. This is most certainly a man who has witnessed too many horrors. I say buy that man a whiskey and put it on my tab!

Other things I can tell from this picture...he was right handed. Cover the right side of the picture. His right eye will appear to be composed, somber, and in control. Now do the same with the other side...His left eye is somewhat wild, fearful, compelling.
He obviously would sight with the right eye and shot right handed.

Cover both eyes and he's blind, so don't do that.

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2004, 06:58 AM

Hey Maggie,

I know you mean well but geez you can't take away my beer! It's all I've got left now and to take that away I would become a monk!

I don't drink like I used to. After I turned 40 I slowed to a crawl. I've been a beer drinker only I can't take the hard stuff I go into a personality change and become quite aggressive (I have the scars to show for it) and I don't like what I become.

But beer's well - I drink about four and then I well I visit the boys room every 20 minutes thereafter. I know my limit and I get up and leave even if the bottle is still full.

I have a beer or two about twice a week but not like I used. I like a good beer - a real cold beer - hmmmmm

Beer goes well with pizza or salty pretzels or just about anything when you really like a beer.

Driving and drinking I agree is bad. Yes, it can affect your system if consumed in great quantities. Yes I support MADD programs and I frown on some of the excuses you hear drunken driver's tell you after an incident.

You have to be careful today as Johnny Law will really rip you a new a$$ and the courts will pull your license and the issue of hurting another person because of your ignorance is something you will have to live with the rest of your life. So its really an issue of conscience and how well you know yourself and your limits.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-08-2004, 07:46 AM

Boats,
I gotta agree with you. Hard stuff and me do not get along well. I'm a beer only guy too. And I have slowed considerably over the years. There is nothing better than an ice cold brew on a hot day after working out in the sun.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

I believe the second part of Lincoln's response was. " Find out what he drinks and send a barrel to alll my other Generals " I my self have found cold beer to be an excellent chaser for raw oysters and Crown
Old 08-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Robert J Ryan

Well it's just that some of us can't stop at a drink or two. I know it for a fact. I haven't drank since Oct 30, 1987. Gave up the booze for a better way of life.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Very good

Glad to hear it ... a better way of life!

However, it is said that 2 glasses a day of RED wine is benefitial, not so for white wine or beer. I wonder why; anyone know? (well, good for the heart - don't know about this other stuff)

I would also share that if one drinks a lot, please don't breathe in the eyes of your sweet baby. You could be exposing the little one to ethanol. Or ... worse, if you work with oil clean up products at home or at work ... or are a painter, a dry cleaner, or work in the plastics industry ... you are also able to expell this chemical through your breath, and remember that the eye membranes and cuticle areas are the worst exposure

Some MSDS info on the complex 2-butoxyethanol version of these ethanols

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *