The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2006, 08:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Cheney shoots a 78 year old man wearing an orange vest

To further the Bush Asministration's claim to Monumental Incompetence, we now have the spectacle of our vice president, Richard Cheney being the first sitting vice president to shoot someone since Aaron Burr. A very stupd accident, Cheney ddid a full 180 pull and shot a man wearing a bright orange vest.
We don't expect Cheney to apologize or even have the guts to come out himself and explain all the unanswered questions--like was alcohol involved?? The mans a coward and will never address the American people publically,without a screened audience (neither will Bush)
Why do I say he's a coward?? Cheney shot a 78 year old man, who was wearing a bright orange vest, in the face. Thats the fact but here's what m,akes him a coward: Does Cheney come out front and tell the truth about it? Does he say he's sorry and try to come up with an explanation? No, he hides behind his spokespeople (also just like Bush) who say he "did nothing wrong" Like shooting a man wearing a bright orange vest isn't at least a "mistake"
Turns out Cheney shouldn't have been hunting birds AT ALL because he didn't have the license stamp but I guess they won't acknowledge that as a mistake either.
The most questionable thing of all is not that he shot the guy accidentally but that he hid from disclosing the news. Why did they let K Armstraong divulge the news a day later? Cheney maintains an intensive media stadff and spokespeople and it shold have come from them the moment it happened.
For a man who has 2 DUIs and never stopped drinking, it becomes a legitimate question, especially given the news that Cheney's staff waited overnight wihtout saying anything anf then had the owner of the property deliver the bad news.
Sticking to form, Cheney's staff denies he did anything wrong.

Now I know whhats going to be said next: Kennedy and Chappaquidick, like that makes it all right? Right?
So Cheney and Bush get off for all their alcohol problems because 42 years ago, Kenedy drove his car off a bridge, killing a campaign worker. But Laura Bush also killed a teenager while driving and we don't see any fingers pointed there, do we? Didn't trhat even the score out?
In any case, these arguments are specious because these are the people who promised to bring accountability back to the White House--but what theyve done is the biggest BuckPassing in history.
And this is more of the same--already theyve stated to blame the victim--for wearing a bright orange vest in Cheney's line of fire.
As always, the biggest interst is the way they handled this case--eavde, evade, evade. Stonewall, stonewall stonewall. Its someone else's mistakee, not ours.
Cheney only pulled the trigger

Here's Lettermans 10 reasons why Cheney shot the guy.

10. "Heart palpitation caused trigger finger to spasm"

9. "Wanted to get the Iraq mess off the front page"

8. "Not enough Jim Beam"

7. "Trying to stop the spread of bird flu"

6. "I love to shoot people"

5. "Guy was making cracks about my lesbian daughter"

4. "I thought the guy was trying to go 'gay cowboy' on me"

3. "Excuse? I hit him, didn't I?"

2. "Until Democrats approve medicare reform, we have to make some tough choices for the elderly"

1. "Made a bet with Gretzky's wife"
Old 02-14-2006, 09:04 AM

Like it or not, this is a Cheney thing..not a White House thing.
Now, I heard that Condi Rice farted in public the other day..and it was Dubya's fault 'cause ya know how he is about the environment. Give me a friggin' break, will ya?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Advisor Like it or not, this is a Cheney thing..not a White House thing.
Now, I heard that Condi Rice farted in public the other day..and it was Dubya's fault 'cause ya know how he is about the environment. Give me a friggin' break, will ya?
CHENEY'S NOT PART OF THE WHITE HOUSE???
Umm, excuse me he goes to the White House EVERY DAY?? To His OFFICE AT THE WHITE HOUSE??
no, you give ME a frigging break-- if someone has an office at the White Hose and is the #2 man in the Bush Administration, that qualifies him as being prt of the White House!!
I'm looking at the post and I don't see one single thing where I blame Bush in this--other than picking a man for VP with 2 count em TWO DUIs
We're talkiing about Cheney here, right?--what does Condi have to do with this?? Other than trying to pass the buck.
You conservatives--so predictable!!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

James said!...............

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James, don't you ever get tired of spewing your hatred? Isn't it getting a bit of a heavy load to carry around all that hatred? I would have thought that such a strong believer in and practitioner of the AA principles would have given up on the negativity thing long ago, but alas, I was wrong. Cheney's deal was a friggin' accident, an unfortunate blunder, and nothing else. So what does this have to do with his DUI's? Or is that just another oozing out of your hatred? You liberals are so predictable with your pathological hatred, so all-consumed as to be blinded to any kindness, compassion, or any other positive action. Pitiable would be my semantical selection for you.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-14-2006, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout James, don't you ever get tired of spewing your hatred? .
Talk about the "POT" calling the "KETTLE" ...black??????

Gimmie a break!.................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:40 PM

Just been watting for someone put the blame on the Clinton .

razz
Old 02-14-2006, 02:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

As I understand the saga, Billary blasted Monica with a single-odd ?picnic pitch? short base load. Hit her right in the dress I hear and it wasn?t even a declared ?dear? season.

Scamp
Old 02-14-2006, 05:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Personally, I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than go driving with Teddy Kennedy.

... and just what is the "hatred" that I've allegedly been spewing, Gimpy? Can you cite any, or are you just trying to spin this thread too?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-15-2006, 06:18 AM

It seems this guy was shot at close range. I was shot at close range and I barely survived. This guy has now had a heart attack and is critical. What happens if he (God forbid) dies?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:09 AM.