The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2006, 12:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scorched Mouth, Healthy Prostate !!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...2857-9293r.htm

Scorched Mouth,
Healthy Prostate

By Jennifer Harper
The Washington Times
3-16-6

Gentlemen, eat your chili peppers. Habanero, jalapeno (pictured), Scotch bonnet -- those hot but tasty varieties of the capsicum frutescens have multiple health benefits -- including the ability to drive prostate cancer cells to kill themselves, researchers announced yesterday.

According to a team from the University of California at Los Angeles and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, the hot stuff in peppers -- capsaicin -- caused 80 percent of active prostate cancer cells growing in mice to "follow the molecular pathways leading to apoptosis," or cell death.

The cancer cells literally committed suicide. What's more, the cancer tumors of the mice treated with a hot pepper extract were one-fifth the size of untreated mice.

"Capsaicin had a profound anti-proliferative effect on human prostate cancer cells in culture," said Dr. Soren Lehmann. "It also dramatically slowed the development of prostate tumors formed by those human cell lines grown in mouse models."

What does this mean in the kitchen? Tex-Mex or curry fans are in luck: the hotter the pepper, the more the benefit. According to Dr. Lehmann, the mice were fed a dose of pepper extract equivalent to what a normal man might consume -- 400 milligrams of extract three times a week. That amount translates to three to eight fresh habanero peppers.

Medically speaking, capsaicin inhibited the action of NF-kappa Beta, a substance found in cells that causes them to grow out of control. Capsaicin also regulates certain proteins that effect the growth of the cells.

"Increased concentrations of capsaicin caused more prostate cancer cells to freeze in a non-proliferative state," according to the study.

American men develop prostate cancer more than any other type of malignancy -- 232,000 new cases are diagnosed in the United States annually; 30,000 men die of prostate cancer in the United States each year.

Hot peppers have received accolades from researchers in recent years for their antioxidant, or cancer-fighting, effects. Anti-inflammatory properties in peppers have been tapped for treatment of migraines, arthritis and muscle pain. Hot peppers also have been found to suppress appetites and clear a stuffy head; they can aggravate existing heartburn but not cause it.

They are a good source of vitamins A, C and E, folic acid and potassium. Peppers are low in calories and sodium and contain no carbohydrates. Their taste has spawned numerous appreciation societies around the world, not to mention global competitions to determine the hottest variety on the planet.

Still, the chili pepper came under fire in a 2002 Yale University report that established a link between the hot pods and stomach cancer in Mexican workers who ate from 9 to 25 jalapenos a day. The claim has been disputed by other researchers who found that rates of stomach cancer declined in the United States -- though consumption of salsa, chili and other hot foods actually had increased.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Larry
What you're saying is one trip to the mountain and we're all cured of colon cancer.........$hit!!!!!! Sid's better than Benny Hinn
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Robert J Ryan

wish that it would work on brain cancer so I could get my wife cured.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It would be interesting to see some stats on the occurence of prostate cancer in populations of people whose diet regulary includes large amounts of peppers as compared to people whose diet does not include large amounts of peppers.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:18 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Natural cure

There are many many natural cures for things out there , The FDA is the biggest Killer of these Natural cures. Trouble with natural cures is people, 1st , people are all different and then there are people that just want your money.
If eating a pepper even helps in the slightest then it should be used.
Ron
Old 03-20-2006, 04:43 PM

In all of my years in New Mexico I seem to remember several occurances of a burned prostate while my bung hole was doing the blowtorch thing.

I figured out that most chile concoctions could be served just as well with french cut green beans marinated in battery acid.

The secret to hot chile is that when eaten, the mouth sends out desperate signals for help, sort of along the lines of "some idiot is trying to kill us." When that happens the body releases a lot of happy hormones so you no longer care if you are dying or not. Call me sissy if you want, but I think I'll opt for the cancer.
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:06 PM

Y'all ain't EVEN ready for my chiles rellenos
Old 03-21-2006, 02:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Not only all the above but a good very hot pepper can teach you to yodel, twice a day. And it can cause hemorroids to soar across the sky like flares into the frigid vastness of outer space until the inevitable ahhhhh is heard in glorious descent. Amen
Old 03-29-2006, 05:19 PM

Cures piles too!. Eat a handfull of habaneros and the next morning it will cauterize your a$$. Ever notice that Parrots eat the heck out of hot peppers? Full of vitamin C and other good stuff. The parrots cant feel the heat when they eat them because they don't have mucous membranes in their mouths. Ever notice that they always squawk when they take a dump? Guess where parrots have mucous membranes. Neat thing is they can't remember what they ate that burned so bad on the way out.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

LOL!

Who says these forums aren't educational?