The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2006, 06:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question cut & run-stay the course-lie & die

Little Drummer Boy
John Kerry* appeared on "Imus in the Morning" the other day and objected to the most common characterization of his proposal for surrender in Iraq:

"Stay the course" is not a plan. And what this administration wants is to have a fake debate, as usual. Uh, they're--you hear the drumbeat on every television show from every commentator, "cut and run, cut and run, cut and run, cut and run." That's their phrase. They've found their three words, they love to do that, and they're gonna try to make the elections in November a choice between "cut and run" or "stay the course." That's not the choice. My plan is not "cut and run." Their plan is "lie and die."

But Sen. Skedaddle was singing quite a different tune before the last selection. This is from a Dec. 3, 2003 Kerry speech before the Council on Foreign Relations:

I fear that in the run-up to the 2004 election, the administration is considering what is tantamount to a cut-and-run strategy. Their sudden embrace of accelerated Iraqification and American troop withdrawal dates, without adequate stability, is an invitation to failure. The hard work of rebuilding Iraq must not be dictated by the schedule of the next American election.

Kerry was right then to oppose a cut-and-run strategy. He is wrong now to support it, just as he was wrong then to accuse the administration of doing so.

* Who served four months as a junior officer in Vietnam and thus obviously is qualified as a military strategist.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default WOW!!!...D-Joy

Guess: "The Flip-flops" just never end for; "Rambo (in his mind only) Kerry".

Besides, whom in their right minds could ever take one seriously that APPLIED FOR and/or PUT HIMSELF IN FOR 4 Battlefield Decorations (always instead recommended by Superiors Officers), such as 3 Purple Hearts pretty-much band aid treated and one Doctor stating: "Saw worse wounds suffered from a rose bush"(documented), and A Silver Star.

Then too, all such SELF-verified and SELF-validated Battle Decorations were supposedly warranted(?) during ONLY a 3 or 4 (maybe?) month Tour of Duty in Vietnam. Don't actually believe a REAL "Rambo" type could have served so valiantly,...in such a short period of time. Well,...if honest and not a political climber, anyway.

So then, let's Get Real.
Having once Vietnam War Protester and Liar and Insulter of every American in Uniform KERRY as a wartime adviser,...makes about as much sense as having Senator Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Carter, Jane Fonda, Moore, Churchill, Sarandon, Striesand, Baldwin, Belafonte and other such ACLU (actually AEACLU or Anti Everything American Civil Liberties Union) or Enemy Helpful UN types,...as Wartime National Survival Experts & Advisers.

Well again,...and at least if not innately suicidal or fanatically-leftist and/or perpetually undermining and obstructionist by nature or clique decree, anyway?

Neil
Old 06-26-2006, 06:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

So then, the undisputed, primo, A- number-one king of cut n? run wants to re-name things, amazing. One would think that Pelosi would find a spokesman with more credibility to pedal her death warrant project.
When we hear a re-run of his patented ?ludicrous? speech, we?ll know the mid east is in mighty deep guano and about to have a significant population reduction experience.
But count our blessings I suppose, apparently he and his belly rub pal Fonda didn?t have a successful sperm n? egg encounter. But then, they have that seared in their mind, or didn?t know each other or some such cover story. The mega ?Historian? Brikeley still his journal so the cover stories tend to get a bit mixed up.

Scamp
Old 06-28-2006, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Scamp...

Is this epitome of low-life Senators and/or lowest of U.S. Military demeaning and insulting War Protestor types like Bill Clinton,...planning on throwing his hat into The 2008 Presidential Carnival/Arena...AGAIN?
Will Hillary & Clique even premit such?

Hey,...just curious.

Neil
Old 06-28-2006, 06:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hard to say Neil, but if gut feel, past prejudice and a long handled spoon account for anything, I?d say TJ is unlikely to overcome all the baggage and historical duck footin n? quackin around. Right now, TJ is playing the mob that wants to skin and fillet Hil; witness Hil getting run off the stage at the University of Chicago by TJ?s faithful ones.
Same kind of way-leftist bullies that got after the wispy one and so many other invited guest speakers that are foolish enough accept and then step into those rude punji pits of questionable learning.

Tug forelock, King Teddy keeps pitching the case for TJ and the cannon along the opposing Kennedy and Clinton breastworks are all loaded, dialed in and awaiting bombardment orders. Personally, I?d like to see an end to all these dynasty wodats, clones and scones and see some fresh talent get crackin n? challangin.

Meanwhile back at the ketchup factory, Mrs. TJ is backing Hil, or so the reports go. So if there is any substance to that bit of humorous aside, then the decision may already be on the table, just not come to full fruition as yet.

Scamp
Old 06-30-2006, 12:59 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I've been a little busy lately but it's time for me to finish the thought on this.

Kerry learned from a politician in the northeast about how to become a political power.

He learned from Murtha.

Murtha was in the Marines during the Korean war. He did not serve in Korea so that didn't get him a lot of brownie points when it came to being a politician.

Remember, this was the time after WWII and before Vietnam when being a war hero was good.

Murtha was serving in the reserves and joined the active duty Marines to go to Vietnam. He served very little time on active duty. (I don't care how long he was on active duty there. If you care, look it up.)

During his time in Vietnam, we got purple hearts and other medals.

He got to come back in 1966 as a "war hero". He won elections based on his war hero status.

The documentation for his medals is even more sparse (and entertaining if you have a warped sense of humor) than Kerry's.

Normal persons don't just go from reserve to active duty, go to Vietnam, get medals, come home and go back to reserves in the time that Murtha did.

Darrel joined the Guard in 1965 (early enlistment), went in in July of 1966, volunteered for active duty and Vietnam in 1970, served in the Army starting in 1970, went to Vietnam in 1972 returning in 1973 and continuing to serve as active duty until 1990 when he retired.