The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Inspections

While in Basic and AIT we had inspections all the time, Drop and give me twenty,
I had one inspection at Fort Benning and one inspection? in VN.
Thats all the inspections I went through in the Army.

VN.
BN commander's RTO 6-Brovo called and told my LT that we were going to have a inspection, and how long would it take for us to be ready. LT gets a real dumb look on his face, (we were in the field) and told 6-B we are ready.
It wasn't very long and 6's chopper showed up un-anounced and landed in our area, (kicked up a poncho liner into the big blade.)
Major got out and started to chew LT. about not having equipment secured, LT tried to explain that he shouldn't have come in un-anounced, and Major got in LTs face. At which time LT did his 1 finger in the air and hand rotating, and that ment saddle up we are leaving. We started to move out and the chopper pilots were going with us. NOW, We didn't leave 6 in the middle of nowhere, but it sure got his attention. They chinooked 6s chopper out along with 6.
We didn't have anymore inspections in the field.
I hear they were having inspections in pleiku, Full inspections, stand out in front in spit shined boots and footlockers etc. Im afraid I would have faild those badly. after all what would they do, send me to VN?

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2004, 10:31 PM

From 1965 to 1968, Marines had at least two major inspections. The IG around June (I believe) part the FX (field something) - the 2nd Marine Division at Camp Lejune would line up on a road, and Washington types would ride by on flat bed trucks outfitted with bleachers to see what a division looked like. The second was before a deployment. It take checked everything we would need in a combat mission.