Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2004, 11:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Dumb & Dumber!

You better believe it!

Interesting, if not authoritative...

A friend of mine informed me today that her husband recently heard a report on NPR about a group that estimates IQ of the U.S. presidents based on a variety of indicators and factors (speeches, news conferences, etc...) All we can say for sure about their accuracy is that they estimated the IQ of Jimmy Carter to within one point of his actual score of 180. (He's the only president who's actually revealed his IQ. And it should be noted that an IQ of 140 is generally considered 'genius level.')

Anyway, of our most recent presidents, this IQ system indicates that the brightest of them all was Bill Clinton; Carter is next.

The dumbest? What do you think? The father and son team of Bush I and II. Our current president's IQ is estimated to top out at a whopping 91.

I have shoes smarter than that.

And isn't it interesting that the two smartest guys of the bunch are fellas from the benighted, ignorant South? Also, this group wasn't swayed by politics; Nixon ranked right up there in IQ, as well. They just don't test for paranoia or other mental illnesses.

Thought y"all would be interested!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2004, 06:44 PM

NPR? Now that's an unbiased source if there ever was one. And, what was the group that did the estimating? Membership? Agenda? Method? And, how can we be sure that they didn't know Carter's IQ ahead of time since he had already announced it? Frankly I'd rather have a 90 IQ leader with balls & principles than a 180 IQ dithering mouse or a Rhodes scholar sleazeball. IQ means nothing..it is merely potential & nothing more. Oh yeah, the Bushes are from the South too.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Advisor...

I like your favoring: "Balls and principles" over high IQs,...any day of the week, and especially during wartime.

After all, all the gutless and untrustworthy people with high IQs Gimpy alluded to are pretty-much the causes of most all that threatens America to this very day. Hope that Bush can bail us out, and that we can thusly all survive against the no doubt also quite high IQ terrorists.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if most all French, German, Russian and UN-likeminded leaders,...also had great people manipulating and controlling high IQs. But, SO WHAT? Lump all such cowering high IQs together, and such unarguably won't or can't protect ONE American Life. So much for high IQs.

Neil