The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2008, 03:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I was reading some things about Belgium and as things currently stand, they have become so contentious and at loggerheads that there hasn’t been an elected federal government in nearly 20 months now. First impression was, jeezzzz that sucks. Second impression, hmmm, why not. All that goes on inside the beltway here and has for four successive administrations is screwing with each other; and the hired help, warehousing serious, serious problems and seeing who has a dry leg to go pee on.
Not that there is a void of workable and thoughtful ideas, no, that isn’t the issue at all. Not allowing workable and thoughtful ideas to come forward without becoming totally burdened with raw political patronage is a big chunk of the problem, and then hate simply for the sake hate, even when there is nothing to really hate is the larger issue.

I don’t see any candidate that has a snowball’s chance in hell at busting up that beltway log jam and once again trick phrases and serving up warm fuzziness at the expense of dealing with cold prickly reality prevails, almost always. I’ll favor the candidate of the fewest trick phrases, greatest emphasis on reality, and recognizes the deadly serious problem inventory that has to be dealt with.

And I really don’t think that “Experience” necessarily equates to advanced skills at sweeping serious national issues under the rug and then pretending there is no yoke or shells on the muzzle when the hen house raid is discovered.

Scamp

P.S. I'll go with the PF Party ticket, but please, just don't tell me why or what the platform is. Maybe I don't want to know, eh.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Yeah

Well vote for and I will leagalize the clap. Sorry folks this election is being based on two things gender and race, seems that the voters want to be the first to elect a woman president or the first Afrian American president. Has anyone bothered to take the time to listen to what is being said, the only thing that is being said is "IT"S TIME FOR CHANGE", what change, you just can't say time for change and not explain what the changes would be. OBAMA WANTS TO DO A CUT AND RUN IN IRAQ (DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANY OF US). HE SAYSU NO AL QEDA WAS IN IRAQ NTIL BUSH SENT IN THE TROOPS, SEEMS HE FORGOT THAT AL QUEDA CAME HERE FIRST. TO ME THAT MAKES THEM ENEMY OF OUR COUNTRY SO NO MATTER WHERE THEY GO, OR WHY THEY GO AL QUEDA IS STILL OUR ENEMY. CLINTON IS NOW SAYING I SHOULDN"T HAVE VOTED YES TO SEND IN THE TROOOPS, AND SENEATOR MACAIN IS STILL WANTING TO STAY THE COURSE WE ARE ON. NOW THE ISSUE OF THE PRICE OF GAS COMES UP AGAIN. ONCE AGAIN CONGRESS WILL SAY SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE, BUT WHEN THE BIG OIL COMPANIES CONTACT THEM AND TELL THEM THEY WILL REMOVE THEIR CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS, THE CONGRESS WILL SHUT UP. SO YOU SEE THERE IS NO CHANGE.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 02-27-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typos
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Spokesperson for Da Dims

Over in nearby Austin, that paragon of femininity, Gloria Steinem, was campaigning for her hero, Hillary. In her super-charged rant, Gloria really spoke what Hillary thinks of our military, managing to ridicule, insult and belittle every American veteran, with special emphasis on her mocking all former Presidents who have served in the military.

Just be careful what (ooops, Freudian slip: I meant 'who') you vote for. Da Dims will sell out our troops in a NY minute.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote