The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2002, 08:15 AM

Default Flooding rains in Texas

Any of you guys in Texas in the flood areas? It looks terrible on the news. Hope all are ok and dry.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2002, 11:47 AM

Smile No floods in theHouston area - yet !

The floods are "confined" to the central Texas hill country, around San Antonio and Austin. Of course, as the flood waters move towards the Gulf, Corpus Christi and other places will be affected as well. SuperScout (Brice Barnes) lives just west and south of the Austin area and I haven't heard from him sinc ethe flood hit. Don't know if he's okay or not. A few other guys from our forum live in and around the San Antonio area, but again, I haven't seen any posts from any of those guys either.
Old 07-10-2002, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Drywall et. al.

Been rainin' so long here that I've almost started to get emersion foot again, doing some drainage re-engineering work. The little "creek" in the back of my property (sgt tropo didn't get a chnace to see it when he was here last April) coulda been used for kayaking!! No water in our home, thank the Lord, but folks down on the Guadalupe River haven't learned a blessed thing since the last flood < 4 years ago. Most be outoftowners. Closest river to us is the Pedernales, also made famous by Lyin' Bastard Jackass, better known as LBJ.
It's really a shame to see all this beautiful water going to waste, as we'll be prayin' for more come August! We ahd been praying for rain, guess we'll have to tone down the demand factor!! lol. Next big project is to install a rainwater collector system, so we can be a bit more independent.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-11-2002, 06:42 AM

Thumbs up Glad to hear you're OK.

I have to admit I was indeed more than a little concerned, knowing that you were in the close proximity of the flooding. Unfortuantely, a lot of folks have lost their homes and even family members. My folks lost everything they had in the flood 4 years ago. It is amazing how many people keep building / rebuilding on the river banks and in known flood areas.
The flood waters are now reaching Corpus Christi and Brownsville, as well as other communities south of San Antonio to the Gulf of Mexico.

Be careful out there !
Old 07-14-2002, 04:05 AM

Default VetAd

Didnt he move into that area not to long ago with his family?

I just hope everyone is alright and if they need help rebuilding, I am not to far to come and help.

Dont forget, he has two more on the way.

enough..............
Old 07-15-2002, 06:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default reeb

Were you referring to me, with two more on the way? Heaven bless us, but thankfully, the two more are just grandchildren, and we can send them home after me and the bride spoil them rotten!! lol.

Been in this area, SW of Austin, 'bout 4 years, having migrated from Sodom on the Colorado, known by some as Austin. Also had the misfortune of living in Jerusalem on the Brazos, aka Waco.

We're fine here - bit soggy, but bettern a drought!!
Thanks for the good thoughts.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."