The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2004, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Secession In Millennia II

Secession has been a fact of life since the human race first abandoned the briny deep. No matter how close the relationship, friction and/or ideology, inevitably splits the sheets of human cohabitation!

The latest little microcosm of this: ?I Need My Own Breathing Space Rationale? has rattled the pots and pans of the ?Great Northeast!? It seems that Killington, Vermont, once a part of New Hampshire, is again seeking to reunite with its former bedmate!

Killington was originally chartered, in 1761, as part of New Hampshire, before becoming part of the independent Republic of Vermont in 1777, and Vermont did not become a state until 1791.

Will this Killington thing become infectious - who in the Hell knows? Back in 1860-1861, several states opted out of the (then) Union, leading to four bloody years of Civil War (or internal revolution if y?all prefer)! And since that fateful time, many other entities have barked out their desire to go it alone, not only in those decrepit foreign bastions, where such intrigues are common place, but indeed, right here in the ?Land of (sometimes) Liberty and Justice!?

?Hell, even out here on the Shakeyside (California), some Hispanics still tout the re-unification of Mexico with the Golden State, and damned if it ain?t close to it already (opinion)!?

Of course, all such movements, regardless of race or nation, seek to rid themselves of responsibility and accountability, while retaining all of the goodies, like protection, public works and social programs! The original one way street of - ?I?ll take all that I can get, with no strings or sacrifices attached!? The all milk and honey, with no bitter dregs social scenario (AKA - A Free Ride, On The Order Of A Few Elected Offices!!)

The impetus for such cessation movements can be disillusionment, economics, greed, hate, or pure politics! But what ever it is, you can bet your ass that the bottom line is pure avarice. ?Ah, to accomplish with maneuvering, subterfuge, lies, and deception, what some fools lack the testicles to tackle head on!?

Hell, and if these back-door warriors become proficient enough at their devious arts, there is no limit to how far their greed and ambition can carry them! For in politics, all things (no matter how low or vile), become definite possibilities!!

And for the record - I am still retired from this forum. I am just an occasional visitor to the storm-tossed shores of personal opinion. Unless of course, those within the system whom I cross swords with, chose to challenge me anew!?

?In that event, I will keep my rapier sharp and tipped with venom, unto the gates of Hell itself, if needs must!!? (COUNT UPON IT!!!!)

I do not capitulate, nor do I surrender to ponderous ogres, and weakness is not in my vocabulary! And those innate, self-satiating government-related entities, of which I speak, know full well who they are! And by now, one would expect they would get the message!!? IF NOT, THEY SOON WILL!!

VERITAS