The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2003, 09:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Speaking of

"similar thinking authoritarian-hypocrits".

Your comment regarding how to "make ends meet" with the "use" of "War" rather than the programs instituted under FDR's administration is no doubt adding substantial weight to my "arguement(s) that folks of "similar thinking" of your persuasion conclude that is OK for governments to "perform" as did Hitlers during the 1930's and 40's. It "sounds" like you're saying it's OK to have a "preemptive" war if it means that, and I quote you, "and regarding FDR, the truth of the matter is that it wasn't for WWII, a great many Americans would still be planting trees and working on roads, to make ends meet. ", end quote!

Hmmmmmmmm, let's examine what one of this nations greatest military leaders and former republican president Dwight D. Eisenhower had to say about "preventive war", or if you may "preemptive war"----and again I quote.

"All of us have heard this term "preventive war" since the earliest days of Hitler. I recall that is about the first time I heard it. In this day and time....or anytime....I don't believe there is such a thing; and frankly, I wouldn't even listen to anyone seriously that came in and talked about such a thing."
President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953,
upon being presented with plans to wage "preventive" war to disarm Stalins' Soviet Union.

Another great American .........Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson had THIS to say about the "subject"--Again I quote.

"Our position is that whatever grievances a nation may have, however objectionable it finds the status quo, aggressive warfare is an ILLEGAL means for settling those grievances or for altering those conditions."
Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson,
the Chief American prosecutor at the Nuremburg War Crimes trials, in his opening statement to the War Crimes Tribunal.

Sooooooooo.............it appears there are (or have been) several (I can find more if you like---there ARE more that have similar positions) prominent, highly respected, intelligent and patriotic, God fearing Christian, truly American HEROS' that would find disfavor and disagreement with "your" observations and/or "position(s)" regarding "WAR", huh??

You don't suppose they were " asked any questions that they superiorily, all-knowingly and indignantly deem to be repugnant, since counter their Party Line and/or fanatically held cult/religious beliefs.", now do you??? Why of course not----you were too young and unaware of "history" at the time to really understand what they were speaking about so I doubt you would "challenge" their ideas, or ideals, huh?? But now, since you are SO "aware" of history................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2003, 08:32 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy...

Sorry to take so long getting-back-at-cha. But, since Saturday night and all last night,...I figured that Atlantic City would be much more fun than playing your rigged game of Leftist favoring political: "Trivial Pursuits".

Regardless, and this being another day, I'd suggest you lighten-up if NOT: "Connected". After all, why-pop-a-gasget for absolutely no worthwhile reason at all.

However, if: "Connected", desiring power and money, beholding to, affiliated and/or where your bread is buttered forget my suggestion, since going against a political flock or congregation in The South can be quite hazzardous to your health. Hell, from only one area in The South (re. Little Rock) going up to The Beltway,...they're still counting the bodies of those not wise enough to go along with The Program and try to: "Turn States" on phoney gods.

So, and if: "Connected", just keep wisely doing what you're doing for greater longevity,...or as Andy might say,..."Stay Healthy".

Neil
Old 04-27-2003, 01:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yea, OK

I hear ya,-------- whatever.

I just figured that you, the "dude", and ol SuperSleuth wanted a real discussion of the "issues" regarding the "history lesson" from a "higher plane". If that's possible!

Anyway, hope you did well in Atlantic City--and stayed away from those one-arm bandits!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 04-29-2003, 01:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My apologies

Perhaps I can chalk it up to excessive oak pollen, higher than normal humidity, or overwork, but I must confess to only now having had an intellectual epiphany about how this thread has run its corrupted course. What started out as my words of condemnation of a liberal and his wish to bring harm, injury and even death to American warriors has been hijacked by another liberal who wants nothing more than to vent his hatred of George W. Bush and anyone else calling themselves either a Republican or a Conservative. This latter liberal is so filled with antipathy and bitterness, and is so resentlful of the popularity of the President, and of the military success the coalition forces have achieved in Iraq, that his venonous bilge has spilled out in any forum he can find. Again, sorry it took me so long to realize his pathetic little game of being on the losing end of the political spectrum.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-29-2003, 01:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I am surprised...

that our "self-proclaimed historian in residence" didn't use the Spanish-American War ( U.S.S. Maine ) and the Tonkin Gulf as examples of spurious acts committed to lead us more easily into war....I was only a "minor" in history, and it was a State school, and I really didn't have may heart in it, since I was looking over my shoulder at the draft....so I must have missed the courses that he took....I agree...his dislike for Conservatives, particularly the Fundamentalist Christian variety, is very apparent. We all have faith in something. Some in the things of this world, some in the next, and some in both.

Larry
Old 04-29-2003, 02:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default You guys really are a trip

Ya know.

Talk about "pathetic". You stay around here and continually post your "drival" and lambast and ridicule liberals accusing them of some of the most vile and unamerican nonsense known to man and then expect that other "liberals" are just supposed to sit back and listen to your horse$hit without telling the TRUTH about YOUR political "persuasions" and party's leadership activities??

I think NOT!

Like my mama used to say---If you can't stand the HEAT --you best stay out of the kitchen!!!!!!!!!

Just because YOU don't like to see (or will dare to admit) some of your own political "dirty laundry" aired for all to see has NO BEARING on the truthfulness of it!

Sorry fellas----This time I ain't goin NO-WHERE!

I got more---STAY TUNED!!!!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 04-30-2003, 05:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mortardude

Ain't it amazing how I can post a criticism of some liberals, and then some liberals agree, and then they complain about my posting!! Talk about paranoid schizophrenia! But then to show his true colors, he tries to turn the show into an anti-Republican diatribe, with the obligatory sidebar of whining about the recently won war. If he were more capable, he would stick to the topic at hand. Oh, well, when I consider the source of this venon and bile, I fully understand.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-01-2003, 04:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Horsehockey!

Show me where I have been "whining" about the war----afraid NOT there SuperStretcher(of the truth that is)----Just like I said---YOU can't tke the heat!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 05-02-2003, 07:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpy...

Granted, you're greatly outnumbered here by those thinking more sensibly and practically and/or less staunchly political or forced having the mandatory herdlike mentality (above all else), as is normally required by Leftists.

Still, Me Thinks thou dost protest too much,...especially since I dread the thought of if: "Old Slick" and Party had been calling-the-shots during these troubling times,...even though; "His Slickness" and foreign (even foreign enemies) patronizing cronies helped cause these troubling times by their naivete' and ineptness to start with.

Still Gimpy, and in fairness to your klan, I must admit that Mr. Bill Clinton is really showing his expertise lately on foreign affairs, while also coming across quite patriotic and a champion of The Military. Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! What an actor!

Neil