The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2002, 04:04 PM

Default Dirty Politics (Tx)

The Govenors race in Tx is really gettin nastier by the day.

It is suppose or expected to bypass the 100mil $$ by the weekend, and it is all going towards "slamming" each other in ways that politics arent suppose to be .

Tony Shanchez ( drug money laundering)

Rick Perry ( telling a State Trooper to let them go and forget about for speeding).

I dont get into politics ( and to tell the truth I havent ever voted) for any of the crooks!!!!!

This is mainly for The Humper, Sgt Tropo, Vet Ad, and I believe (excuse me if I am wrong) Little John. One of the female persuasion on here that is from the Dallas area. Sorry if I am wrong.

Glad to get the hell out of this State, Great State, but getting way out of hand just for flipping a cig butt on the street while at a stop light. ( shouldnt do that, I use the tray), but the cops will give you a ticket for it

100 mil bucks!!!!!!!! Just what could that do if the two candidates would donate that to the poor, Va, Homeless, etc???????????

Sanchez is supposedly taking the money from his own pocket ( 63 mil) WHEW.

Perrry is taking his from donations and some of his own.

Is it really worth the money JUST TO BECOME GOVENOR and have the power to fornicate in public? That is exactly what these two are doing to the people of Tx.

This post is going to long , so..

enough...........
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2002, 04:06 PM

Strong feelings, god reeb. Youshould get out and vote.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:10 PM

Jane,

No way JOSE. I dont like CROOKS!!!!!!

enough..............
Old 10-29-2002, 04:15 PM

Then run for something, pal! Eradicate 'em!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:03 PM

I'm from Texas, and I'll have you know, "Texas has the best Politicians Money can buy"!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking If Texas has the best

Florida, Washington, California, Massachusettes, New York are Fighting over second.

Keith

In all seriousness it is really sad that it takes money to run a campaign and get elected to State Wide Offices and certainly any National Office. Pity indeed. Thats why we are a nation that has the best politicians that money can buy. Sad, Sad.
Lots of really good men don't get into office because they can't come up with the financial backing, Sad really sad. That promotes special interest people getting into office rather than balanced politicians.

That covers all parties!!!!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ahem!

As a native son, kindly allow my two-cents of observations: all the blather about the GOP being the party of the rich people just had another stake driven into its heart by the report of Tony Sanchez digging into his own and others' pockets for upwards of $60 million - mostly his money. There is no comparison between the money-laundering connection of Sanchez, and Perry trying to get his driver out of a speeding ticket - about as ridiculous as comparing a mass-murderer with a jaywalker.

And reeb, what evidence do you have to offer that these two are screwing the public? Rather a rash statement, don't you think?

Early voting started here, and there was already a few in line this afternoon when I went. Glad to see the civic support. Kindly urge all your friends to exercise this freedom purchased at so high a cost.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-29-2002, 08:31 PM

Don't go" vote for somebody-vote against somebody", it is our right and also our duty.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:53 PM

Default The Nevada races

I just performed my civic duty today and voted. To tell you the truth, I've been rather "entertained" this election year. The commercial breaks during the local evening news are nothing but mud slinging and dirty politics. In short, there really isn't anyone honest to vote for.

I will vote for House incumbent Shelley Berkley (D), though. She has done a lot for the veterans of Southern Nevada.

It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Peace.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:58 AM

God reeb, They're not all bad.

MINNEAPOLIS, Oct. 29 ? With poignant eulogies and furious rallying cries ? and nearly as much laughter as tears ? some 20,000 friends of Paul Wellstone bade the late senator a boisterous farewell on Tuesday evening. The first eulogies were tender remembrances. But when it was time to recall Wellstone, who was locked in a tough re-election fight when he died, his friend and former student Rick Kahn adopted the late senator?s fiery speaking style at the evening memorial.
HE CHOPPED THE AIR with his hands, as Wellstone often did, and exhorted the crowd to keep Wellstone?s dream alive.
?A week from today, Paul Wellstone?s name will not be on the ballot,? Kahn said. ?But there will be a choice just the same ... either keep his legacy alive, or bring it forever to an end!?
As the crowd erupted in a loud ?No!? Kahn continued:
?If Paul Wellstone?s legacy in the Senate comes to an end just days after this unspeakable tragedy, our spirits will be crushed, and we will drown in a river of tears. We are begging you, do not let this happen.?
David Wellstone, the senator?s oldest son, talked of next week?s election and ?looking forward to digging in? in his father?s name. But most of his remarks were devoted to happy memories of his father, mother and sister, learning values rooted in social justice.

CHAMPION OF ?REGULAR PEOPLE?
?He represented the regular people. He didn?t represent the high and the mighty.?
? IRV ROSENBLUM
St. Paul resident The famed green bus that carried Paul Wellstone on his populist campaigns was turned into a shrine earlier at the memorial service, the vehicle crowded with flowers left by thousands of mourners who gathered to honor the outspoken Democrat who was killed in a plane crash Friday along with his wife, his daughter and five other people.
People climbed on the bus to view photographs of Wellstone and his wife, Sheila. Several people cried; others crossed themselves. Later, lines of people stretched more than a half-mile from the auditorium at the University of Minnesota.
?He represented the regular people,? said Irv Rosenblum of St. Paul. ?He didn?t represent the high and the mighty.?
Besides Wellstone, 58, the service honored Sheila, also 58; their daughter, Marcia Wellstone Markuson, 33; and campaign aides Will McLaughlin, 23, Tom Lapic, 59, and Mary McEvoy, 49. Pilots Richard Conry, 55, and Michael Guess, 30, also died in Friday?s crash near Eveleth.
Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, a close friend of Wellstone?s, was asked by the family to give a personal talk.

?A MIRROR FOR ALL OF US?
Former President Bill Clinton and former Vice President Al Gore were there. So was the Rev. Jesse Jackson, whose Minnesota operation Wellstone managed when Jackson ran for president in 1988.
And Sens. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., and Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.; Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D.; and Senate Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-Miss., were among the almost 100 members of Congress who showed up to remember the man Harkin called ?a mirror for all of us to look into and see what we believed in.?
About 10,000 more mourners watched on video in an adjacent building.
Jim Farrell, spokesman for Wellstone?s re-election campaign, said, ?This is a day for Paul Wellstone and a day to find a way to carry on Paul Wellstone?s vision and his energy.?
Minnesota Democrats expect to do that by replacing Wellstone on next Tuesday?s ballot with former Vice President Walter Mondale, who was greeted with an eruption of cheers when he arrived with his wife, Joan.
Mondale was expected to appear before party leaders Wednesday to launch his campaign against Republican Norm Coleman, and a rally was being planned for Thursday, NBC affiliate KARE-TV reported.