The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2004, 06:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Mel....

We're talkin apples and oranges here.

You're political and/or My Party right or wrong. I'm anything but that, and simply wouldn't herdlike follow ANY PARTY off a cliff,...just so I could say I picked the winner.

For me, it's all about whom is more trustworthy and believable. I trust Bush and believe Bush means well for ALL American Citizens.

Whereas, I could never in a million years trust or believe Clintons, Kennedy or Kerry and the like,...since all historically proven liars (Clintons more so than most).
Then too, I'm not all that religious a person, blindly obedient and easily manipulated by zealots,...some of the prime prerequisites for being an absolutely faithful Democrat and/or Democrat in good standing.

Hell, I think that people NOT "Connected" or NOT winning themselves a nice cushy and high paying jobs after some election,...AND STILL dance around with straw hats singing: "Happy Days Are Here Again"...are fools.

So then, I guess you can sort of say we see things quite differently. Besides, recently I believe that America stands a better chance at SURVIVAL with Republicans/Conservatives calling-the-shots. Dems/Libs seem intent on politically-correcting US/WE to death, literally and figuratively, or at minimum turning America into A Hong Kong West.

Guess it's fair saying that you probably won't see me at your next political fund raiser, Mel?

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2004, 06:41 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Neil,

For me I guess you could say I don't feel Bush or Kerry give a rats you know what about me. I'm 23, single and don't have a "real" job. All I do is take care of my grandparents. I am no one to them.

I think part of my dislike of Bush comes from when he was the gov here. I know some of the other fellow Texas would dissagree with me though! Depends on where ya are though.

I don't like any of em really at all. The both have major pitfals in the political world. And trust???? None of em deserve my trust.

Giving money to any politician is like throwing money into a DEEP deep deep hole!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 01:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Position de jure?

This is what Kerry said back in 2002:

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

... of course, this is now a different month, and he's probably addressing a different political audience, so his position probably has changed. In fact, with all the differenct positions Kerry has taken on practically every issue, it might be accurate to describe him as the author of the "The Kama Sutra Political Handbook on Positions."

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-12-2004, 04:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to deltamedic

Kerry served in my domain in Nam although he was Navy and I was Army and don't recall him I have found he was there ta the time. Some of the items he mentioned on cut off ears, shooting animals, rape did happen in the Nam. There were a lot of things that went on in Nam that became somewhat staus-quo & the higher ups knew it was going on but could care less. The prime directive was body counts! I'm in favor of Kerry on in that he at least seems in veterans benefits anf health care whereas our current excuse for a leader at 1600 Pennsylvania wants to cut 2.5 billion from veterans health care and the VA but wants to spend that and more on MARS!!! U r right folks the choice's this year yet again for President are down there with the dog dung
Old 03-12-2004, 05:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

a. Everyone knows, or should know, that the President only proposes budgets. Congress amends, edits and approves all budgets, and has the right of override anytime they please. Vets are included in budgets, eh?

b. Kerry, just like the last Democrat, is saying that what America wants and needs is "Change". Kerry does not speak for America. Nobody who claims to know what "American's want" could possibly know anything more than what THEY think our country needs or wants. It sorta ticks me off when politicians say that, any of them... pretty arrogant basically. America is run by what happens at the POLLS, not by what pollSTERS tell us to think.

c. Ears being cut off, rape, murder, torture, tragedy, chaos, destruction. = war... pretty much since the dawn of warfare, no? Does this surprise anyone? We have been over and over the ear necklace topic; it possibly did occur, maybe not, maybe so, someone knows or has exaggerated. It does not matter. Very very bad things happen to EVERYONE when violence is unleashed, without fail. Fact is, ears and other body parts get cut off with a fair amount of regularity just on the streets of this world as it is in peacetime. A warrior, on any side, who is basically a psychopathic murdering torturer, whether congenitally or because they are just plain temporarily insanely angry is predictably bound to exist. Drop the subject.

d. When a man of ColMurph's standing questions the validity of 3 PHs for Kerry without a day in hospital, then I'd say there's a reason for that. As I understand it, the PH is not awarded for nicks and bruises, hang nails and paper cuts. The definition of the word "hero" has gotten a bit distorted as presently misused.

e. Most questions about Bush's performance in service are coulda beens mighta possiblys. The DOD is not generally known for handing out Honorable Discharges if there is any reason not to. Were they to do so, chances are they'd have a mutiny they couldn't stop and a demonstration on their Capital Mall out there maybe twenty times bigger than the "I Have A Dream" day crowd. There are about 16,000,000 living vets.

Stick with the CINC in time of war, it is fundamental to the welfare of they who have been sent to do the fighting. There is nothing else I need to know, and what is far more important, it is a lesson America should have learned unanimously by 1968.

Oh, and by the way, will those who never did a single thing during their service to slough off or slack just a tad please come forward and get your halo.
While we're at it, those who got more credit than they deserved for the sacrifices and achievements of other people... give the medals back, gently... or at least don't wear them nor include them on your resume.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Blue

Well stated! As usual.
Kerry never did, and never will speak for me, and the thousands of Vietnam veterans that I either know personally or cyberlly. He lied back when he started his political career, he knew it was a lie, and he lacks the cajones to admit that he was wrong. Personally, he can promise the moon, but it ain't gonna happen, as too pols will not believe him. And why should they?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg schwarzenegger005.jpg (17.4 KB, 13 views)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-13-2004, 09:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well Doc., I proudly served under Mark W. Woods, Captain, USN, USNA, (And a fine Texan) and I disallow Kerry or anyone else to slander that man or any of my shipmates with broad brush allegations. I?d guess that I spent 90+ % of my VN time in a ?free fire zone? and in the same operation Kerry was in. When we cranked up the guns we had a military target, period, and if any civilians were in the area we put up high altitude air bursts to let all know ?here we are?, in business to do business so get clear, then waited so that people could get clear. If I did my job right a lot of people got to have another birthday, friend and foe alike, and it was a good day when we got a huge secondary explosion as that meant we hit a storage bunker full of ammo and it was no more. So yes, Captain Woods taught us how to fight to win but wasn?t of the opinion that killing was always necessary and practiced what he preached everyday. As well, Captain Woods said, ?If we get hit, I don?t want to hear anything but hitting back but fire to the sound and sight of the incoming?, and we did that as well.

Apparently Kerry was a different kind of Naval Officer with a totally different philosophy and leadership style that he wishes to put on all Naval Officers for his own reasons.

Scamp
Old 03-13-2004, 10:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default CAN'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!!

Don't blame me, I voted for Edwards
But anybody who came back from Vietnam and thought it sucked enough to protest it gets my vote. I never saw anything there I thought was good for the US or Vietnam.
Thanks for sharing all this, I find your posts very illuminating
Have a nice day!
James
Old 03-13-2004, 01:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

What if GW thought it sucked...too, and for all the right reasons, eh?

Jus' IS that he handled his post-realization conduct differently, no?
Old 03-13-2004, 05:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default deltamedic...

Re. "...current excuse for a leader (truly odd, especially after Clinton) at 1600 Pensylvania wants to cut 2.5 billion from veterans health care".......isn't exactly true.

After all, no politicos of whatever BENT ever ACTUALLY make cut$ to any beaurocracies. "They" just haggle back and forth about THE BILLIONS in yearly INCREA$E$,...strictly for political oneupsmanship purposes.

A good example being when Dems/Libs want the standard 10% yearly increase for some beaurocracy, and Conservatives only believe that 6% is actually nececessary,...Conservatives are wrongfully accused of wanting to cut 4% from the beaurocracy in question, which just isn't so. Hey,...only a 6% increase is still an increase,...and most certainly ISN'T A CUT.

Regardless, and no matter which BENT has their way,...the truth of the matter is that NO BEAUROCRACY EVER GETS CUT. Whether the Press/Media reports such as A CUT over and over and over,...it's still not true.

Neil