The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2005, 07:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Texas School Board/"Creation Evidence Museum"

Like I've said before..............BE AFRAIID...........BE VERY AFRAID!

These are the folks who want to "revise" your childrens educational curriculum to suit their warped version of scientific history!

A West Texas school board just voted to add a bible class to the public school curriculum. This curriculum was designed by this hilarious group. That group links to the "Creation Evidence Museum," which has this to say:

The Creation Evidence Museum is a non-profit educational museum chartered in Texas in 1984 for the purpose of researching and displaying scientific evidence for creation. As such the museum sponsors paleontological and archaeological excavations in addition to other extensive research projects. Dr. Carl Baugh, the museum?s Founder and Director, originally came to Glen Rose, Texas to critically examine claims of human and dinosaur co-habitation.

From "Dinosaurs and the Bible":

by Ken Ham co-founder of "Answers in Genesis" An organization dedicated to promoting "Creationism" versus evolution.

The Bible tells us that God created all of the land animals on the sixth day of creation. As dinosaurs were land animals, they must have been made on this day, alongside Adam and Eve, who were also created on Day Six (Genesis 1:24-31). If God designed and created dinosaurs, they would have been fully functional, designed to do what they were created for, and would have been 100% dinosaur. This fits exactly with the evidence from the fossil record. (Oh, it DOES...does it???????---Gimp)

Evolutionists declare that no man ever lived alongside dinosaurs. The Bible, however, makes it plain that dinosaurs and people must have lived together. (Sure it does, just LOOK at the proof on TV for gosh sakes! Remember the "FLINTSTONES???---GIMP)

The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs lived millions of year ago. According to evolutionists, the dinosaurs 'ruled the Earth' for 140 million years, dying out about 65 million years ago.

However, scientists do not dig up anything labeled with those ages. They only uncover dead dinosaurs (i.e., their bones), and their bones do not have labels attached telling how old they are. (Ever heard of "carbon dating" you idiot----GIMP) The idea of millions of years of evolution is just the evolutionists' story about the past. No scientist was there to see the dinosaurs live through this supposed dinosaur age. In fact, there is no proof whatsoever that the world and its fossil layers are millions of years old. No scientist observed dinosaurs die. Scientists only find the bones in the here and now, and because many of them are evolutionists, they try to fit the story of the dinosaurs into their view....

As you add up all of the dates, and accepting that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came to Earth almost 2000 years ago, we come to the conclusion that the creation of the Earth and animals (including the dinosaurs) occurred only thousands of years ago (perhaps only 6000!), not millions of years. Thus, if the Bible is right (and it is!), dinosaurs must have lived within the past thousands of years....

Evolutionists declare that no man ever lived alongside dinosaurs. The Bible, however, makes it plain that dinosaurs and people must have lived together. Actually, as we will soon see, there is a lot of evidence for this....(Like I said before, SURE there is.......just look at the FLINTSTONES!........GIMP)

Some people think that dinosaurs were too big, or there were too many of them, to go on this Ark. However, there were not very many different kinds of dinosaurs. There are certainly hundreds of dinosaur names, but many of these were given to just a bit of bone or skeletons of the same dinosaur found in other countries. It is also reasonable to assume that different sizes, varieties, and sexes of the same kind of dinosaur have ended up with different names. For example, look at the many different varieties and sizes of dogs, but they are all the same kind-the dog kind! In reality, there may have been fewer than 50 kinds of dinosaurs.

God sent two of every (seven of some) land animal into the Ark (Genesis 7:2-3; 7:8-9)?there were no exceptions. Therefore, dinosaurs must have been on the Ark. Even though there was ample room in the huge ship for large animals, perhaps God sent young adults into the Ark that still had plenty of room for them to grow....

Contrary to what many may think, what we know now as dinosaurs get more mention in the Scriptures than most animals! So dinosaurs?all the different kinds?must have lived alongside of people after the Flood....

If you remove the evolutionary framework, get rid of the millions of years, and then take the Bible seriously, you will find an explanation that fits the facts and makes perfect sense:

At the time of the Flood, many of the sea creatures died, but some survived. In addition, all of the land creatures outside the Ark died, but the representatives of all the kinds that survived on the Ark lived in the new world after the Flood. Those land animals (including dinosaurs) found the new world to be much different than the one before the Flood. Due to:

(1) competition for food that was no longer in abundance,

(2) other catastrophes,

(3) man killing for food (and perhaps for fun), and

(4) the destruction of habitats, etc., many species of animals eventually died out. The group of animals we now call dinosaurs just happened to die out too. In fact, quite a number of animals be come extinct each year. Extinction seems to be the rule in Earth history (not the formation of new types of animals as you would expect from evolution).

#######

This would be laughable if what they are tryng to do to children wasn't so pernicious. The part where they say that there is no way to tell how old the dinosaurs were is ridiculous for anyone who took High School science.

Did any of these people ever hear about carbon 12 dating ? Have they ever seen the bones of a Tyranasaurus Rex or a Brontosaurus ?

With this kind of intelligence one can only hope that they will someday be destined to be the recipient of a Darwin award for incredible stupidity.

God help us all!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2005, 09:48 AM

Well, as a follower of Christ, this whole issue is as silly as it can be. Fact: God Created. How He did or how long He took doesn't mean a thing. God Created! That's it.!
One thing that really amuses me is that one says 'you can't prove God exists' yet believes in evolution as a scientific truth..which cannot be proved either..evolution is a theory, not a truth..it can not be replicated under controlled conditions.
GOD CREATED!
Old 06-09-2005, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yes

he did..................CREATE!

The environment, the particular set of conditions & circumstances that allowed the "evolutionary" process to continue which led to the cell structure of all living things such as sea creatures, fish, dinosaurs, birds, amphibians, mammals, and humans!

There is Scientific proof and ancient evidence that is irrefutable to those who have the intelligence and cognitive abilities to comprehend it.

Anyone who actually believes that dinosaurs were on Noahs' Ark is in dire need of serious counseling, and/or medical treatment including strong chemical medication(s)!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 06-09-2005, 11:21 AM

But, scientific evidence is not proof. When I was in school, we were taught that the scientific method included the critereon of reproducability. 'Course, that was back in the dark ages & we weren't as enlightened as today's beknighted generation.

Still, I maintain that God Created..period, end of discussion. I feel no overwhelming need to prove that to anyone or to attack anyone with differing opinions, theories, ideas. As scripture says,
'God is evident in His creation."
Old 06-09-2005, 04:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The

ONLY thing I'm "attacking" is ignorance!

Well I suppose they could actually make a very persuasive case. If your inclined to be under the influence of some type of halucinogen. Or, if you completely ignore science and just make shit up, you can create a very compelling story......

Why oh why are there not more lifeguards at the gene-pool? Geez!

And just where in the name of hell did they house the two tryannosaurus rex on board the Ark? I don't remember reading about dinosaurs in the bible. Do you??? Certainly not T-rex or the Argentiosaurus (tall as a six-story building and as long as 3 school buses).

You'd think these people grew up far from the modern world, wouldn't you? Oh wait, that is west Texas. How silly of me.

Has anyone thought that if dino's and people were living together then we would have found human remains mix in with the dino remains? A t-rex would get very hungry and a person would be just the right size for a tasty snack, right?

Also, consider this: If Dinos lived concurrent with man from the begining, why are there no mention of them in ancient myth or legend or man made images of them in the vast archeologic collection of artifacts around the world? Surely the early Egyptians would have been fascinated by one of these monsters and would have included it to their many monumental structures.

Just what explains how bacterial ancestors of mitchondira co-evolved in our cells, or the evolutionary mechanisms behind certian genetic expressions?

Where and when do these people come to terms with modern science? And shall we simply ignore the PLETHORA of evidence from virtually every branch of science that all come to the same scientific conclusion?

Like typical CONservatives, they start with a conclusion and 'fix the facts' to it, no matter how nonsensical the hypothesis nor how much overwhelming evidence there is that disproves the original theory. The fact they even try to masquerade any of this as science is one the greatest abominations.......

If these people represent the intelligence level of the average American now, this nation is in deep doo-doo. We're not going to be able to compete economically and technologically against the rest of the world because so many Americans have moron-asized themselves.

Everything makes perfect sense as long as you can ingnore facts and anything else that you can disagree with.

I'm still not clear whether Noah had those cool metalic shock cages for the velociraptors (like the ones in Jurrasic Park), or whether bamboo was sufficient.

Please God, let their children compete against our children for jobs.(if there are ever gonna be any more under Repuglican leadership!)

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 06-09-2005, 05:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Dunno much about either evolution or God, but museums I am familiar with...

Here's one of the Creation Evidence Museum's pages... seems fairly harmless as these things go. I wish them well, as a fellow museologist. Methinks they're gonna have a hard time locating artifacts, but then, who knows :cd:

And, in the "Oregon can't be ALL bad" category, I heard today that a public school district out there is seriously contemplating allowing the alternative of creation to be discussed in school (not just in science, but in other subjects too, like English literature)... so as to bring back the homeschoolers whose absence has resulted in fewer tax dollars for the budget.

"Welcome to the web site of the Creation Evidence Museum in Glen Rose, Texas.

As you browse our pages you will receive educational information presenting scientific evidence for creation and design by a personal Creator. This scientifically chartered museum was established in July of 1984 for the purpose of research, excavation, and display of scientific evidence for creation. The Museum's team, led by its Founder and Director, Carl Baugh, Ph.D., has excavated eleven dinosaurs (Acrocanthosaurus, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus, etc.), 475 dinosaur tracks, 86 human footprints, 7 cat prints, and other fossil remains - all in Cretaceous limestone. These excavations were professionally documented along the Paluxy River and various other international locations.

Among museums this entity makes a unique contribution, demonstrating that man and dinosaur lived contemporaneously. Educators, professors, kids, and adherents to various religions are finding answers to the great questions of life: Who am I?, Where did I come from?, What is my purpose here?, and Where am I going? In its ongoing research to find answers to Who is God?, Was the Universe designed and created by a Creator?, and What does the Bible teach about the heavens, man, animals, plants, etc?, the Museum researches and houses artifacts from archaeology, geology, and paleontology (such as the London artifact, the Meister Print, the cup in coal, the fossilized foot in a boot, the fossilized human finger, and the like).

This original research contributes significant information to the controversy between the theories of life origins, namely creation vs evolution. The Museum's research involves experimentation and simulation of Earth's original pre-Flood environment in the world's first hyperbaric biosphere. Various teaching aids, books, videos, tapes, and other resources are available through the Museum."

See also:

http://www.creationevidence.org/cemframes.html
Old 06-09-2005, 06:42 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

http://www.icr.org/creationscientist...cientists.html

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-09-2005, 06:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrow http://www.icr.org/creationscientist...cientists.html
Nice one...

It appears that, on the basis of academic qualifications (at minimum) the "other" side sooner or later is gonna need to deal with the idea of getting our educaton system back into balance.

As a political and religious agnostic, all this gives me a great deal of personal joy

Here's a thought, perhaps even an apostasy:

"Public education should reflect the diversity of opinions which exist in the society where it takes place, without any one or more opinion being given dominance over another."
Old 06-10-2005, 08:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHAWK Dunno much about either evolution or God, but museums I am familiar with...

Here's one of the Creation Evidence Museum's pages... seems fairly harmless as these things go.

"Fairly harmless" my country boy a$$!

These folks are as dangerous as ANY "terrorists" out there!

Here's a FEW examples of how this "religious" fanaticism can be and HAS been pursued in history:

"It [The Christian Party] recognized the value of large-scale propaganda and was a virtuoso in influencing the psychological instincts of the broad masses of its adherents ."

-Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

"The anti-Semitism of the new movement [Christian Social movement] was based on religious ideas instead of racial knowledge (evolution)."

"I soon realized that the correct use of propaganda is a true art which has remained practically unknown to the bourgeois parties. Only the Christian-Social movement, especially in Lueger's time achieved a certain virtuosity on this instrument, to which it owed many of its success."

"Faith is harder to shake than knowledge, love succumbs less to change than respect, hate is more enduring than aversion, and the impetus to the mightiest upheavals on this earth has at all times consisted less in a scientific knowledge dominating the masses than in a fanaticism which inspired them and sometimes in a hysteria which drove them forward ."

"The greatness of every mighty organization embodying an idea in this world lies in the religious fanaticism and intolerance with which, fanatically convinced of its own right, it intolerantly imposes its will against all others."

End Quotes!

Fanatics, religious or otherwise, should NOT be allowed access to our childrens impressionable young minds!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 06-10-2005, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I must say Steve's rhetoricalong with that of Howard Deans is not what I wouldcalla bridgeto induce one to change their party affiliation. Keep up the good work boys!Wejust love it when you talk like that!!!

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."