The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Army

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2006, 05:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to tdeane
Default Hey Er'body!

It's been awhile, I apologize. I got medically cleared on 7 DEC and immediatley went back to work after my clearing.

I am now at Fort McClellan working Med Support for OCS (200th REG, 2nd BN). It's fun and it's also an early glimpse at our (Army's) future officers! We're in the early stages of Phase III. This class will graduate on 10 MAR. Then we'll be back at the "traditional OCS" level. We're completing accelerated OCS now.

Also, I got my 5 back!!! I was claimed by our ASMB and they promoted me to SGT! Somebody must be crazy. I'm also being talked in to submitting a packet for recruiter...we'll see.

Oh, I was surprised to see how much of FTMC that the National Guard, Reserves and State of Alabama didnt want. They only claimed a small chunk (claiming upkeep would be too much). We've gone driving around the old fort side and the amount of abandoned buildings is amazing! We have gone through the WW2 side, gone to an area belonging to 7th AD (the only reason we knew it was 7AD was the old command building with info on the walls and then a huge painting of the 7AD exploits during WW2, which I will try to get a picture of before I leave).

We've also explored old churches, empty, NCO Clubs, high school, ranges, helopad and more. WHATS WORSE...Trench Hill, the trench's actually fall now on civilian/city property!!! INJUSTICE!

What a shame for this old fort. One cool thing is the POW cemetary. It's very well maintained and it's on Anniston property now. I would love to find some more info out about the POW camp here during WW2 (like what roads was it located on).

Blah, blah, blah...I ramble I know but it's been awhile since I last posted. I hope this post finds everyone in good health and doing just fine!

Thanks!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2006, 06:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Good to hear from you again ! Congratulations on your promotion ! Don't be a stranger and take care.

Larry
Old 02-28-2006, 06:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Hey

So glad you are back and mended . Thank You. Saw some WWII German Crosses in a Jackson , MS , cementary and wondered about that.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:20 PM

Heck buddy.

ya should have been an OFFICER by now,, use that lighter more often ( ha ha ). Glad to see yer with us still, may than the site last SIR !!!

enough.......

reeb..

BTW are ya old ennuff ta vot yit???????
Old 03-29-2008, 05:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Just remember, when you're in Anniston, please don't drink the water.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Glad

your okay and back at it. Ft Mcllenan was the MP School before it moved to Ft Leonward. The original MP School was at Gordon Ga. The MP school moved to Mcllenan back in 1974.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).