The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2018, 02:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Staying On Top Has Never Been Easy

3-17-2018

“Not in the last (nearly) two and a half centuries has it ever been easy to survive, let alone thrive, as we have always had our fair share of detractors, and even mortal foes alike! When however, push comes to shove, the only way to remain on top is, as Teddy Roosevelt said: “To Speak Softly (but not too softly), And Always Carry A Big Stick!”

And for the record, and considering the present furor over immigration, “The Old Rough Rider (Teddy Roosevelt)” also said (away back 1915), and I quote: “There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!” Roosevelt also wisely observed in 1919 that: “The hyphenated American always hoists the American flag the undermost!”

Unfortunately (again in my opinion - and even to this very day), there are those, (even within our very own government), who do not show the amount of respect and reverence that “Old Glory” is due and deserves, in my opinion!

This is “Our Flag” people, and it represents every drop of “American Blood” that gallantly stains the illustrious pages of Our History – “And Don’t You Ever Forget It!!”

Hardcore
Old 03-17-2018, 05:19 PM

Colors of the Flag

The colors were deliberately chosen to represent a theme that our founding fathers felt was important to the building of our nation.

Red stands for courage, hardiness, and bloodshed. Courage because our country is based on the courage of separating from what we once knew, courage of starting over, courage of fighting for our freedom. Hardiness because our founding fathers believed our country will outlast the land that we came from. Finally, blood shed to honor all those who lost their life for our freedom and our country.
White stands for purity and vigilance: purity because our country is independent and is not corrupted by any other country. Vigilance because our country needs to be alert and careful in the choices we make.
Blue stands for justice and perseverance: justice because it is the basis of our country, and perseverance because although our nation is young, we will stand strong against all opposition.

Whenever the United States of America's flag is folded, there is a symbol behind each fold and tuck. It is not random, but very purposeful. This is one reason why they will fold an American flag at a veteren's funeral.

They always fold the flag so that way only the blue and white stars can be seen. One reason they do this is so that none of the red shows, because it stands for the blood shed. We want to remember the person's perseverance and vigilance, not the loss of the person.

Even the shape is considered when folding the flag. It is in the shape of a triangle so that it symbolizes the hat worn by Revolutionary soldiers. It is because of these men that we have our freedom and our rights.

What Does Each Fold In the American Flag Mean?

Fold One - Symbol of life
Fold Two - Symbol of belief in eternal life
Fold Three - Honor and remembrance of veterans
Fold Four - Symbol of our weaker nature
Fold Five - Tribute to the United States of America
Fold Six - Symbol of our hearts and devotion
Fold Seven - Tribute to the Armed Forces
Fold Eight - For those who went into the "Valley of the Shadow of Death"
Fold Nine - Tribute to womanhood and its giving and nurturing nature
Fold Ten - Tribute to our fathers who gave their sons to protect our land
Fold Eleven - Dedication to Jews and represents the bottom of the Seal of King David and King Solomon
Fold Twelve - Represents the Christian and glorifies God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal:

I fly the American Flag every day. I did two terms to VN. I have my Brother's Flag from VN. I have my Dad and Grandfather's military medals. I lost my best friend in VN. Note: We all enlisted and never gave it another thought. The blood lost by so many Veterans for this Country and its Flag are part of our family heritage. This means a lot to us and will never be forgotten. My will transfers all our military memorabilia to my Grandson upon my death. My Grandfather came from Italy in the early 1900's and signed up in the Army WW1 - Dad and Uncles all signed up for WWII. Larry and I enlisted for VN. We supported America and our Flag. We lived by the Code that America will sacrifice its blood for the USA and those allies when called upon. Our current soldiers have my respect and honor their bravery serving today without question. You can't take that away from us - ever!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote