The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Coast Guard

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2003, 09:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Jeff..............Ocean Stations

Jeff,

If you haven't seen this yet, check it out. This is one of the best threads I have ever read regarding our ilk!! Check it out.

http://forums.military.com/1/OpenTop...4881944906&p=1

King John 2.1.466
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2003, 01:22 PM

I've got to admit that it is a riot. As I was NOT on an ocean station but was at St. George SINY from 1964-1966. There is a great post about the Monkey Fists other than Bills experience and it was about Mrs. Pappas at the Bay Cafe. There is also a mention of the Laundry "lady".................

Bob
Old 01-23-2003, 01:28 PM

Uh-oh. I may be mistaken, but I think good ol' Coastie Bob just showed up. Are you Bob, Viking1?

The Coasties are gonna take over dis here place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff
Old 01-23-2003, 02:49 PM

Hello Jeff.....
I got a note from Bill D. and he gave me a very specific order to start getting involved with this site....
However, I'm a 4 and out guy so my knowledge and experience will be extremely limited.

Bob
Old 01-23-2003, 03:03 PM

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Bob. I THINK we members were all 4 and out, at least so far. Esther was married to a Coastie who was most definitely NOT a 4 and outer.

Hell, limited experience has never stopped us on the other sites! We can make fools of ourselves no matter what the conditions!

We're asking other "Shallow Water Sailors" to join us here. I e-mailed some folks today. We'll see how it goes; there aren't too many of us to begin with! There are too many people who don't know anything about what the CG does. We just try to do our small part to fix that here.

Jeff
Old 01-23-2003, 06:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default I'm a 4 and outer too..........

Bob, But I think we can all attest to the fact that being a coastie never quite leaves us. I am entering my 30th year as a member of the US Naval Institute so I have always tried to keep a breast (shut up Jeff!! ) of things going on in the hooligan's navy.

Just think in 20 more years the subscription will be free!

Regards,

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 01-23-2003, 07:40 PM

Jeff Shallow water WHATS????

Bob welcome to this site.

Bill mentioned my name so I am gonna get Jeff instead. I know it doesn't make sense but Jeff understands. Don't you Jeff? :re:

Quick story, four guys are talking, Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.

Army and Navy are giving CG hell, 'shallow water sailors'
'hooigan navy' ' great lakes sailors' etc. Big argument ensues, none believe the Coast Guard has been active in every war we ever fought. Hundreds of Navy ships were Coast Guard manned in WW2, a Coast Guard ship fired the first shot for the Union, A Coast Guard cutter fired the first shot at Pearl Harboy (USCGC TANEY) not that they hit anything.

So, finally the Air Force guys says "you know why you should admire the Coast Guard? Other two say 'nope'. AF says "try ditching in the Gulf and see who comes to get you. It sure wasn't the Navy and the Army can't swin."

End of lecture #4517

Both Bill and Jeff will tell you I get a bit protective of my husbands, my dads, and 6 uncles service. But I don't bite really, well I might be tempted to take a nibble out of Jeff sometimes but everyone does that...

the smiling face of Esther... :re: The "here she goes again face of Jeff...... The "I knew she was gonna go that" face of Bill.....have a good one