Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Poncho Liner

I sent this home from VN.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2005, 05:18 AM

Ron never got the red GT just the liner, still got mine who do I write to get my GT .haha have a nice day bother.

razz

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:07 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:40 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default No GT

Thats a reward you have to give yourself.
And if your gona do it, Get a Yellow one. or A Red one.
This liner has been used at a many a picnic for ground cover, still looks good. Daughter wants it, cause she says its soft.

Ron
Old 12-01-2005, 03:02 PM

Good for you in saving your poncho liner. One of the best pieces of gear I ever used in the Nam . One of the best mosquito nets ever. How many times did you have to wash it to get most of the Nam out of it ?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sent home

Actually, We got new ones sent out to us and I used this one , one night and sent it home and kept my old one till next month.

Ron
Old 12-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Robert J Ryan

Yep like them liners, they did keep you warm up in the highlands.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One of the best pieces of equipment the Army ever came up with. I brought one home when I got out, but it's long gone and never bought one.

We didn't do ponchos, either. They were too noisey, and if you used the hood in the rain you couldn't hear squat. They were also shiney when wet, so weren't worth much on perimeter guard or an ambush.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

DX'd my pancho liner right before I left and sent the new one home, then got the supply guy to give me my old one back. The one I sent home had been used so many times it finally went to the big DX site in the sky. When the Iraq war started our hospital's platform got activated to go. I was walking down the hall when I saw the platform people drawing gear. Everyone was getting a pancho liner and a bunch of other stuff they would need. I got in line with them and when I got up to the lady that was passing out the gear I said, "just need a pancho liner". She gave it to me and I left. Nobody asked.....and no, I didn't take one from someone who needed it....they had a ton of those things. So...thanks NAVY for the re-issue.

Frisco....how great to have you back home.....how horrible that you've had to go back to work after such a wonderful vacation with your bride! Also, same same here with the pancho's in Vietnam for all the same reasons.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-03-2005, 06:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My poncho liner

I have a poncho liner now, it is my 6th one I beleve.
Theyre great for averything from sleeping to picnic blankets.
I don't remember if I brought one home, I think I didn't. I was carrying a MAuser plus a .45 stashed away in my duffle bag plus--I am NOT kiddiing-- about a 1/4 lb of pot stashed in my jock. Reckless? Daring?? You don't know the half of it!
They must have thought I was hung like a sheep (ever seen one?) but they just chalkmarked everyone's bag.
I got my first poncho liner after that at the Crater Rock FEstival in Hawaii. A fire had started from firecrackers and everybody was hauling ass away but they asked anyone nwho could still walk if they would go help fight the fire, so I did. AFTEr doing so, I found this poncho liner blowing by and snagged it.
I had that one all through my 2 year stay in Louiiisiana. The best blanket for the tropics ever
DON't remember what happened to it but Ive bought several since then, they keep going "missing" My son copped one and so did my exwife. (helpful hint: Magiic marker in big letters)
Poncho liners: don't leave home without one.
Stay good
James
Old 12-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Robert J Ryan

would like to find out where I could get one now, mayber an Army Navy Surplus Sotre huh?