The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2003, 02:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hollywood blowhard quotes...believe it or don't

http://www.nypost.com/commentary/71695.htm
March 24, 2003 -- TODAY, the day after the Academy Awards, is prime time for Hollywood to keep talking.
Now that the bile of Baghdad has boiled over into unthinkable brutality, surely it's time for Sean Penn to give us an update on his thoughts.

Or maybe we should hear George Clooney expand on his: "I believe he [Donald Rumsfeld] thinks he can win this war . . . We can't beat anyone anymore."

Danny Glover: "One of the main purveyors of violence in this world is this country."

I can't wait for Alec Baldwin to give his deep philosophical views on Baghdad's tortures and executions of brave Americans.

Jessica Lange has told the world that war was "wrong, immoral and basically illegal. It makes me feel ashamed."

Perhaps she would like to talk to the parents of GIs who are putting their lives on the line?

Spike Lee: "The German and French governments should be commended."

Frog legs and sauerkraut await Spike for an eternity.

Harry Belafonte: "I have found [Secretary of State] Colin Powell to be a tragic figure."

Larry Hagman: "He [Bush] is leading the country towards fascism." Hold on to your millions, Larry.

Jennifer Aniston: "Bush is a f- - -ing idiot." What a lady.

Martin Sheen's message to Iraq: "Just hang on. You're not alone on this, it's not over yet." Who should know better than the President of the Left Wing.

Of course what would you expect from Gore Vidal: "I don't see us winning the war."

Director Michael Moore: "There is virtually no one in America who is gung ho to go to war. Trust me on this one." I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw a Bradley armored vehicle by its gun turret.

Singer Chrissie Hynde: "We deserve to get bombed." You haven't been bombed before?

Mike Farrell of "M*A*S*H*" fame: "It is inappropriate for the administration to trump up a case in which we are ballyhooed into war." I think he fell on a scalpel.

Comedian Sandra Bernhard: "The real terrorist threats are George Bush and his brown-shirted thugs."

Part of the above quotes were compiled on the Internet by an outfit appropriately called hollywoodhalfwits.com.

Apart from the outrageous hypocrisy of the above millionaires, it is fair to note that the real Hollywood halfwits have compiled their own tome that in the old days was called giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

And in some cases that was punishable with execution.

Hope springs eternal.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:10 PM

Just a side bar.
The anti-war crowd would be against a war with Iraq, even if he bombed their house personnaly. There is no hope of convincing these "useless idiots".