The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2002, 02:40 PM

Talking Support Your Veterans Groups!!

CARRY ME

Once upon a time there was a veteran who never joined or participated in any veteran's organizations or activities.

All his life he took the benefits and entitlements won for him by the veteran's service organizations. He had a ten point preference, a GI loan, went to school on the GI Bill and Veteran's Employment even got him a job. These are a few of the many benefits he enjoyed, but he still refused to join or participate.

On the day of his death he asked his wife, "Please do one last thing for me. I would like to be buried in a National Cemetery, have a military marker and I would like to have a veteran's organization provide an Honor Guard and act as pallbearers."

But you never belonged or participated in any veteran's organizations, his wife exclaimed. Why do you want them for pall bearers? Dear he replied, "They carried me this far, they might as well carry me the rest of the way."