The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2002, 03:44 AM

Question The Traveling Wall

is coming to my small town and they are asking for voluteers to help man the staff. I'm in a quandry over this as I could only see myself working at the wall in the small hours of the night[the times i have trouble sleeping anyway] I think that's when a lot of the vets will show. In the course of 2 -8 week inpatient PTSD programs[both intensive Nam trauma] at Tuskeegee VA I have been to the WALL SOUTH at Pensacola Fla. It's an exact duplicate of DC's only half size. In the seventh week of the program we would deal with grief and survivor guilt, culminating to the trip to the wall. You were required to make the trip but did not have to approach the wall unless you were ready to. I've been to the Wall in DC twice in conjunction with Rolling Thunder and I feel the trips to the Wall south were harder and more meaningful to me. I am on the left standing with groupmates at the wall south. My T-shirt says "I'll forgive Jane Fonda when the Jews forgive Hitler" :cd:
Old 10-04-2002, 05:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Hey Frank. I still like your " Dead girls can't say No " T - Shirt. See ya soon - got the tenderloin floating in Gimpy's special sause now.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 06:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Frank

Although I think it's great to volunteer.....if you feel you must, do it when your head says to. At the moving wall in Easthampton, Mass, while Doc, Curtis, and I were visiting Andy, I emphatically stated that it was my last trip to ANY Wall for a long, long, time. I just can't take the pain anymore so if it hurts when I do that, I stop doing it.

Take care.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote